Joining the gang

mowerman

Ditto, I haven't taken the deck of the tractor yet to install the plow frame.   I held off last year and never really needed it.   So, here's to trying it again.  I think we had one good snow, but it warmed up quick enough to not worry about plowing.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You have more snow than we do in the valleys in Montana bob. After last year you’re welcome to keep the snow to yourself. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

21 hours ago, mowerman said:

Not bellyaching just sharing winter in Reno,,,,,see we got shitty whether here as well sometimes,,,,bob6b7c07185416ab69e6e41b7583501bce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine the kids work fast to enjoy it before day breaks. 

It’s a slop-fest up here. Got 5” of snow last night and 8 hours of rain. Was pushing it with the 660 Griz in four lock and stalling out. Like pushing 500lbs of snowman corpses all balled up. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mowerman said:

Not bellyaching just sharing winter in Reno,,,,,see we got shitty whether here as well sometimes,,,,bob6b7c07185416ab69e6e41b7583501bce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bob,   That reminds me of a trip back in in late 80s.    Things were nasty so I anchored my super dog down at Boom Town in Verdie.   Excellent place back then , anyway ???

As for the weather in Eastern Pa.......We were shocked when we had sunglasses weather two days in a row. We were all worried about our mud getting dehydrated but did not have to wait long, rained its ass off the last 2 days and they are saying the S word for this coming Saturday night. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

6 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

How you doing Paul? Was thinking about you the other day. 

Keeping busy and getting used to things as they are. Spending a lot of time in my shop mostly. Odd life now.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 1/9/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ezrider said:

i have only pushed snow twice so far this year but one of them was about a 8 inch snowfall. i am perfectly happy when we don't get any snow....lol

we have had several other snowfalls that were an inch or less

You ice fish? Sakakawea? Devils? Missouri?

I recall they were running the Devils Lake Perch Express on Amtrak and Perch Patrol....till the tar sand boom took over. 

im actually not that big on ice fishing, iv gone a few times with friends, and i love fishing in the summer time generally fish the Missouri or sakakawea been meaning to plan a summer trip to devils lake but haven't fished there yet, drive threw devils lake quite a bit in the spring in the truck. but just never could really get into ice fishing much maybe if i had one of them ice castle fish houses id enjoy it more....haha lol 

• Like 1

Back yard yesterday late afternoon. Than the poo poo hit the fan.

2v2EetW8dxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

i put the plows on 6 of the 7 trucks with full fuel tanks, and battery maintainers plugged in start of december. 

only thing that does not get a plow on it is the daily driver. but that only takes 2 minutes to hook up. so far being ready has worked out this year, everyone else gets snow but we don't. 

but if nothing is hooked up and ready, we get blasted. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 1/7/2019 at 7:04 PM, B MACK said:

Hey Bob,   That reminds me of a trip back in in late 80s.    Things were nasty so I anchored my super dog down at Boom Town in Verdie.   Excellent place back then , anyway ???

they took out the big truck lot and and put up a cabelas  just have limited truck parking next to the hotel...i havent been in there in a while but i dont think they focus on truckers so much anymore mainly site see ers these days...but as you mentioned it was reall cool a few years back...ive even stopped there myself a time or two waiting for the hill to open....gold ranch is the same way.....started out as a truck stop,,,,years back,,then as time went on,they threw us all out ,,,cars and campers only....bob

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, mowerman said:

they took out the big truck lot and and put up a cabelas  just have limited truck parking next to the hotel...i havent been in there in a while but i dont think they focus on truckers so much anymore mainly site see ers these days...but as you mentioned it was reall cool a few years back...ive even stopped there myself a time or two waiting for the hill to open....gold ranch is the same way.....started out as a truck stop,,,,years back,,then as time went on,they threw us all out ,,,cars and campers only....bob

That's too bad. It was a real top knoch place.      I remember the driver 's  showers, ( accessed past the fuel desk) were clesn , roomy and there was steam in the shower.       But I haven't been there in dam near 40 years.

17 minutes ago, B MACK said:

That's too bad. It was a real top knoch place.      I remember the driver 's  showers, ( accessed past the fuel desk) were clesn , roomy and there was steam in the shower.       But I haven't been there in dam near 40 years.

I used to stop at that place when it was called( bill&effies) they had 2 gas pumps and 4 diesel==== long time ago

holy cow,,,,you got us all beat....only been dealing with this area,,,30 years....we got 3 up to date truck stops in fernley,,now.....most guys land there,,,for the night..but for sit down restaurants...i believe you have to come into sparks.....petro and TA..bob