Joining the gang

mowerman

14 minutes ago, mowerman said:

holy cow,,,,you got us all beat....only been dealing with this area,,,30 years....we got 3 up to date truck stops in fernley,,now.....most guys land there,,,for the night..but for sit down restaurants...i believe you have to come into sparks.....petro and TA..bob

The fast food "steering wheel holders" have just about killed all the sit down restaurants nationwide unless they have a good local business with a larger parking lot.

• Like 1

Brocky

I hadn't been in a large truck stop in years. Stopped in the Effingham, IL Petro when meeting up with a trucker buddy to haul my 4200 home and the restaurant was very good. Something named "Skillet". We had supper there, then breakfast the next morning with both being very good.

A bit expensive for the casual diner I felt; but they offer discounts to professional driver's so of course I ensured that was applied for future meals to him.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, Rob said:

I hadn't been in a large truck stop in years. Stopped in the Effingham, IL Petro when meeting up with a trucker buddy to haul my 4200 home and the restaurant was very good. Something named "Skillet". We had supper there, then breakfast the next morning with both being very good.

A bit expensive for the casual diner I felt; but they offer discounts to professional driver's so of course I ensured that was applied for future meals to him.

Yep, the Petros have the Iron Skillet restaurants, about the best truck stop food in my opinion.  I don't stop at them much, but they do have a really good breakfast buffet.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes I forgot to mention Sierra sids and the Alamo both truckstops in sparks with sit down restaurants had better food before they went corporate like Tom said in my travels I usually don’t need to stop at any of them I eat at both ends of my route and Fedex has thier own fuel pumps hard to find mom and pop joints these days and if you do find them there is no truck parking kind of messed up for you for you fellas that need to use them I hear a lot of guys saying they just carry a lot of cold cuts but they get old real quick hot meals baby that’s the ticket lol bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1