2007 Mack CV713 Al-460 *HELP PLEASE*

I'm planning on quitting my job of 15 years driving a vac truck. I am single dad and I am betting the farm with buying my own truck, I cannot screw this up and fail for my son who is 7 years old. I don't know anything about Mack Trucks and I am looking at buying this truck it is a 2007 Mack CV713 Al-460 460hp 18 speed 250, 000km , any pros or cons would be gratefully appreciated. Any recalls that anybody knows of ?   Or is this a good reliable truck? Thank you everyone😁 1m2ag10c07m056941

Screenshot_20190103-172032_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Vac-Daddy

I have a 2006 cv713  tri axle dump with an ai 460  Mack 10 spd  with 4.35 gears. The ai 460 stock does not make much power and uses a lot of fuel about 4.5 mpg.  The truck it self is good but that ai motor is no good. I would find something pre 2002.

You should ask the seller of the truck if you can drive it loaded . I think you will be surprised how slow it is. I wish I drove mine loaded before I bought it. I had to put about 5 thousand into the motor just to make it better  but sill not great.

Guttless!!! agree with Nelm put a load on see what  ya think!  The engine is relatively reliable  BUT VERY small working rpm how ever. it has an 18 sp so your OK there,, Mack 18 speed trans is temperamental And expensive to fix! AND your fuel mileage will suck as stated! low ball offer if anything!

I would shy away thou  if I was you!!!!  Your call !  Your  Just buying a job and some head aches !

My opinion

Edited by fjh

I would start off as low debt as reasonibly possible , try to get an emergency fund aside , even if you have to get a truck that's not as fuel efficient , doesn't matter , main thing is reliability starting out , once you get the ball rolling and are able to save up then upgrade.