Freightrain

Triplex transmission mount bushings

What are you guys using on a B model?  Mine are way gone and on the list to fix this winter.  Watts doesn't list them anymore.  I have no problem going to Summit Racing and buying polyurethane bushings to upgrade from rubber.  5/8" hole approx. 1" thick.

That's the way to go.Weldon parts here did have them in not many years back

I thought the cab mount bushings are used for the tranny too

If I am not wrong I think cab bushing were too soft.

Found some Energy Suspension bushings that I can cut and make what I need.  They make all kinds of body mounts stuff, that is what I used to put the bunk on my truck.  Just coming up with the correct sizes, thus I may buy the universal stuff and make it fit.

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Found some Energy Suspension bushings that I can cut and make what I need.  They make all kinds of body mounts stuff, that is what I used to put the bunk on my truck.  Just coming up with the correct sizes, thus I may buy the universal stuff and make it fit.

Easy to machine.  :)

What are the bushings you are talking about? Does a triplex have rear mount to the chassis? Ot those the engine seats on at the rear?

Just have no idea and wonder what a B-model has of that setup.

Mid mount of transmission to the frame.  This is what the top half of the bushing looks like.  The lower half was literally nothing left.  The bushing is upside down compared to its actual placement.  That small pilot(what's left) went through the frame mount hole.

IMG-20190101-171416314.jpg

Looks like pre 1962 Chevy W engine motor mount pads.

Well, the energy suspension bushing kits were a bit too small in diameter.  I found raw material and have some 2 3/4" round stock on the way.

• Like 1

Well, my material showed up.  Now to get some spare time to widdle it down to useable pieces.

IMG-20190115-161923036.jpg

The bushings are available new from PAI. They are the same as the originals.

5 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Well, my material showed up.  Now to get some spare time to widdle it down to useable pieces.

IMG-20190115-161923036.jpg

Nylatron??

Poly Urethane.  Same as typical bushings, but in raw stock.  I'll part it and turn the shoulders I need.

8 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Poly Urethane.  Same as typical bushings, but in raw stock.  I'll part it and turn the shoulders I need.

Isn't there a steel bushing in the middle?   terry:MackLogo:

43 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I can handle that also.

👍👍👍:MackLogo:

I have very large machine shop at my disposal for the last 32 yrs of my employment, so making anything is not an issue.  Sometimes I cant find the time to do it??

I've done my own machine work on the engine block for the race car.   I even redrilled my flywheel for the 237:  This is the G/L horizontal mill with 4'x8' table.  
IMG-20160306-104127-282.jpg

• Like 1

I never liked actually doing that kind of work so I just stayed designing it for other's to do.....

I miss NONE of that kind of work. Hard to even have desire to work on my own stuff any longer at times.

Those two cars I spend four years collectively getting them both completed.  I cringe at the though of working on any others.

Well, I have the material to make the bushings, been sitting on my desk for a couple weeks now.  I also have the bushings.  I was trying to keep from having to make them, so I did some googling and found some at Home Depot?  5/8" ID, 7/8" OD, 1 1/2" long.  $10 for 5.  Kinda spendy, but good enough(worth it to not have to make them).  Just need some time after work to start machining the polyurethane.