Sign in to follow this  

Those are beautiful! I ran a 1988. If I was still in it, I would probably still kinda enjoy trucking. Well, at least I'd enjoy driving the truck, LOL

On 12/28/2018 at 4:43 PM, mackey58 said:

Any RD tractors

I have a few RD tractor pics but no RD690 tractors that I can think of.

Most Rd tractors were 688’s. Most of the time an rd tractor would be a heavy haul tractor and you would want the extra hp and gears.

• Like 1

Even an RD is good i think mine is rare.the built sheet said it was one of 3 that went to chicago mack for a customer but only bought 2

Mines a em6 300L 7 speed pulls a 79 axle Framless every day since my boss found it in a shed in 2014.works on the lowboy once I a while but ya can't get in a hurry

11 minutes ago, 1965 said:

What does the P stand for?

Suffix P is a platform chassis (single axle straight chassis).

• Like 1

Nice that's what I thought.there was a company here at one time called ganja construction .you'd see 5 or new mack rd s running the you'd go to chicago mack and see 3 or 4 new rd s that said ganna  specs on the sheet in the cab window 

Can someone tell me what is the difference between an rd686 and an rd 690.  I thought it was just a year thing but now i'am not sure.   Maybe the 686 has only 6 speed and 690 has 7 spd or more Maxitorque gears.

686 has the engine mounted intercooler, 690 has the chassis mounted intercooler in front of the radiator.

I have a 1987 rd686 with the chassis mounted air cooler.  The em7 vs em6 makes the most sense. What confused me was several of these rd690s are before 1989 i thought that was when the em7 came out.

J Hancock, thanks for correcting me. Although the distinctions between the 686 and 690 are kinda vague, your explanation makes the most sense.