Sign in to follow this  
41chevy

Santa stopped early in a Penski Truck.

1400 hp that's a hell of a lot of nostalgia . looks like they did a lot of balancing on that crank.

Neighbors aren’t going to be singing Silent Night!  

I’ve owned 9 Fords and not a single Chev.....what’s the block? 3 plugs on side is not small. 454?

Looks like $$$ to me!!      terry👍👍👍

So Paul-what is definition of "Nostalgia BB/Gas?  No clue about the NHRA today. Back in 68 my 428 CJ Torino (Notch back-rare car would like to have it today) ran D/PS.  what would a comparable class be today?  The 428CJ was rated at 335 HP but I believe NHRA factored it to 365.

In any case sounds like you are building a beast for sure!

Paul, I know you probably already know this but from my understanding a lot of the old Lunati guys (before bought by comp cam) went to Bullet cams. I know mr. Joe & Joey personally. My understanding the bullet cam is a true steel stick where the new Lunati cams & comp cams are not 

actually I think Lunati was bought by Holley 

Edited by 1965

Santa wasn't as nice to me. Found a 360 to replace the 440 that came apart. Just trying to get the little bugs work out of this one and then this. Had a 318 in another truck I bought for parts sticking it in today. 

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, keg1 said:

Santa wasn't as nice to me. Found a 360 to replace the 440 that came apart. Just trying to get the little bugs work out of this one and then this. Had a 318 in another truck I bought for parts sticking it in today. 

Looks like a case of positive crankcase ventilation. (sorry, just couldn't resist)

Looking good Paul......let’s geterdone...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks bad ass, if you were located closer to me id gladly swing by to give you a hand in exchange for a ride in that beast of a car!

I’ll be right there and with you ....I expect that’s going in the 55...bob

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

I’ll be right there and with you ....I expect that’s going in the 55...bob

Yep! The blown small block I put in in September  lasted only 5 runs, but than again it was build in the 90's and laid in a container for 20+ years before I used it.

I'm thinking that this engine is already doesn't have enough cubic inches.

oooooooooh my god,,,,,thats messed up......bob

on your eng . from the 90s you`re as bad as i am i`ve got a big cam cummins that i built in about 93-4 everything new inside recon heads and all that i have not started . keep it oiled and turned over but no smoke yet:D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

on your eng . from the 90s you`re as bad as i am i`ve got a big cam cummins that i built in about 93-4 everything new inside recon heads and all that i have not started . keep it oiled and turned over but no smoke yet:D

I've got quite a few new engines and probably a dozen built and ready to go some back as far as 1973. But in my defense they are all port sealed and filled with Rust Veto. but they sit so  I'm probably worse :)  

The one from the 90's would have lasted except for five 6500 7000 rpm launches at full boost.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, 41chevy said:

I'm thinking that this engine is already doesn't have enough cubic inches. 

You could build one with 3x the CID and have the same though if you could've built it with 4x the CID...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

You could build one with 3x the CID and have the same though if you could've built it with 4x the CID...

Ain't that the truth!  Just have to remember one's needs and not over run them