Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

B Model With Steam Calliope

Recommended Posts

Sad thing - the e-bay page said "May not be shipped to Russian federation" :)

Nice color combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove a truck for Giant 35 years and this truck was our parade ready, completely rebuilt show piece. I have driven it in the past, 673 with unishift. Giant made many truck showpieces in their shop for their drivers and shop. Unfortunately the company was bought out by a holding corp. and sold off everything and chopped the company up and sold most of the assets. Sad end to a good company. I wanted to buy this truck but didn't have the money then(new child) . Wish I could have it now but the owner is asking to much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wingman said:

I drove a truck for Giant 35 years and this truck was our parade ready, completely rebuilt show piece. I have driven it in the past, 673 with unishift. Giant made many truck showpieces in their shop for their drivers and shop. Unfortunately the company was bought out by a holding corp. and sold off everything and chopped the company up and sold most of the assets. Sad end to a good company. I wanted to buy this truck but didn't have the money then(new child) . Wish I could have it now but the owner is asking to much!

Was this Giant foods part of the Giant out of Landover Md, and the Giant of Carlise pa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wingman said:

I drove a truck for Giant 35 years and this truck was our parade ready, completely rebuilt show piece. I have driven it in the past, 673 with unishift. Giant made many truck showpieces in their shop for their drivers and shop. Unfortunately the company was bought out by a holding corp. and sold off everything and chopped the company up and sold most of the assets. Sad end to a good company. I wanted to buy this truck but didn't have the money then(new child) . Wish I could have it now but the owner is asking to much!

I remember Giant having the show trucks and seeing them at different events and promotions. I have several friends that worked their careers with Giant and it was always the "place to shop" until the company was sold. I don;t know anything about calliopes or how much they would add to the value of the unit but it is one nice truck & trailer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 4:18 AM, Hobert62 said:

Was this Giant foods part of the Giant out of Landover Md, and the Giant of Carlise pa?

Giant Landover but both companies are owned by the same holding corp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wingman said:

Giant Landover but both companies are owned by the same holding corp.

Ahold out of the Netherlands I believe.  I deliver to the giant/martins out of Carlise.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correct, Royal Ahold. Giant of Carlisle runs the show and writes the checks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...