Cab is painted

19 hours ago, VALS327 said:

Hello, the cab looks really good. Sorry to hear about the stone chip. I can’t believe how much progress you have made. Kind of makes  me feel like I’m moving at a snails pace. Oh well Rome was not built in one day. 

Take care,

Don

I have miles to go on the chassis, the only reason I had the cab done now is that the shop had a one year waiting list so I didn't want to let my chance go by.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, h67st said:

Picked up the cab, fenders, and all exterior cab pieces on Thursday. I love the color, it's a Spectramaster green that took a lot of research to find. When I got home there was a small stone chip on the front, dang it! The trailer fenders are off for loading, I put them back on for the trip.

181209.1.jpg

1469834197_Optimized-MyColor(1).thumb.jpg.f0e143b555753916d6b4f1f8dbba935b.jpg

I do like your color selection a lot. Great looking cab body and paint!

I did my B in a similar color in 2013 and have nothing but complements on it since.

What color is the frame going to be?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

1469834197_Optimized-MyColor(1).thumb.jpg.f0e143b555753916d6b4f1f8dbba935b.jpg

I do like your color selection a lot. Great looking cab body and paint!

I did my B in a similar color in 2013 and have nothing but complements on it since.

A beautiful pair of trucks there!!👍👍👍:MackLogo:    terry

On 12/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, AZB755V8 said:

I'm thinking Mack red. I like black or grey for frames, but with the cab color I think I'll like red best. Plus it costs more, so I've got that going for me.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, h67st said:

Picked up the cab, fenders, and all exterior cab pieces on Thursday. I love the color, it's a Spectramaster green that took a lot of research to find. When I got home there was a small stone chip on the front, dang it! The trailer fenders are off for loading, I put them back on for the trip.

181209.1.jpg

181209.2.jpg

this looks close-original 68 color-I think it was caled turqouise?

IMG_3200.jpg

20 hours ago, h67st said:

I'm thinking Mack red. I like black or grey for frames, but with the cab color I think I'll like red best. Plus it costs more, so I've got that going for me.

I have doubts on good look of red frame with such painted cab. I might be wrong of cource and final decision is always by the owner. Or by owner's wife sometimes.

For the best you may draw a primitive picture of the truck using MS Paint or another graphic program. Too easy to fill areas with different colors to observe general appearance. You would surprize how many variations go away during just first 10 minutes of experiments.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I have doubts on good look of red frame with such painted cab. I might be wrong of cource and final decision is always by the owner. Or by owner's wife sometimes.

For the best you may draw a primitive picture of the truck using MS Paint or another graphic program. Too easy to fill areas with different colors to observe general appearance. You would surprize how many variations go away during just first 10 minutes of experiments.

Good idea!

I think a red frame would  really pop!   The contrasting colors would look good together.    My personal preference is always a black frame just for ease of touch up.   Like Vlad said its your baby do whatever you want.    I just hope it includes polished aluminum.