Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
other dog

Pictures of the Week

Recommended Posts

Great pictures . What is model of the green Mack and  the deal of the two air intakes of the Mack at Ambridge Pa ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eddeere said:

Great pictures . What is model of the green Mack and  the deal of the two air intakes of the Mack at Ambridge Pa ? 

Looks like a late 70's or early 80's r686... one intake is for turbo, the second is likely for the tip-turbine intercooler .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow nice shots Tom...hard to pick a favorite in that line up but I would guess green R model and turquoise suit come on back????????bob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a little chilly in Winfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Looks like a late 70's or early 80's r686... one intake is for turbo, the second is likely for the tip-turbine intercooler .

 

Correct on tip turbine, that's exactly how our 79 r686 is. "Charge air cooler" (intercooler) is mounted on side of the engine, excess turbo air blows through a bypass line through the tip turbine(fan), which pulls air through that second intake to cool the turbo air before it goes in for combustion. Tip turbine air just vents into the engine compartment as soon as it goes through charge air cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool pics Tom, nice to see, thanks.

Before opening this thread I thought I was the only member on here who had snow all around. And now I see I'm not alone. Good or bad but I'm home.

The trucks in Keystone Museum got some movements since I visited it this past June. Looks like a good sign for old pieces of history.

And those Winfall pics are awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the pics! Even the museum ones!      terry👍👍:MackLogo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With wimmin that HOT in Winfall you should be seeing green grass!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, Vladislav said:

Cool pics Tom, nice to see, thanks.

Before opening this thread I thought I was the only member on here who had snow all around. And now I see I'm not alone. Good or bad but I'm home.

The trucks in Keystone Museum got some movements since I visited it this past June. Looks like a good sign for old pieces of history.

And those Winfall pics are awesome!

Thanks Vlad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Brocky said:

With wimmin that HOT in Winfall you should be seeing green grass!!!

Not quite, still about ankle deep!

wwsnow_InPixio.jpg.7b9ebb78c12d7c59dd7a0c12d582a7c8.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...