new to me RD

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Holy crap! I never saw a hoist like that before. What is that rated for?

You going to fix her up?

I've never seen one like that either. On one hand, that's a lot of cylinders to do lifting, on the other, they are mounted at a real disadvantage that far back.

Any tri-axle dumps I've ever seen had one big telescopic cylinder mounted at the front of the bed. I've seen 2 cylinder setups like the one pictured on tandem grain trucks, but never up that high on the frame . Starting out, those cylinders are going to almost be pointed straight back. 

18 hours ago, m16ty said:

I've never seen one like that either. On one hand, that's a lot of cylinders to do lifting, on the other, they are mounted at a real disadvantage that far back.

Any tri-axle dumps I've ever seen had one big telescopic cylinder mounted at the front of the bed. I've seen 2 cylinder setups like the one pictured on tandem grain trucks, but never up that high on the frame . Starting out, those cylinders are going to almost be pointed straight back. 

Nice heavy loads "could" end up pushing body back until raising. continuous movement can end up with hinge pin problems...seen it happen

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 1 month later...

Like that the truck has Dayton hubs. Looks all business to me.

I've aligned bored quite a few of the hinge pin bosses with setups like that. Easy to repair but much more of a wear point than a more vertical plane cylinder.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

2 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

You still running the brockway 

I just pulled the tags off it to transfer to the superliner at the end of the year.  Nothing wrong with it (still my favorite) just can't justify more registration and insurance.  I don't have any drivers and five is enough trucks for one guy to run.

Also i feel like it is more of a DOT magnet...like "hey thats different  lets check him out".  Had two PA troopers under it for hours one day... they had never seen wedge brakes before.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 6368 said:

I just pulled the tags off it to transfer to the superliner at the end of the year.  Nothing wrong with it (still my favorite) just can't justify more registration and insurance.  I don't have any drivers and five is enough trucks for one guy to run.

Also i feel like it is more of a DOT magnet...like "hey thats different  lets check him out".  Had two PA troopers under it for hours one day... they had never seen wedge brakes before.  

We usually get "wow that's old. Must be well taken care of to still be running!" They check lights, brake adjustment and we're on our way...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

Didn't you buy another brockway also

Yes i bought one with a larger aluminum body and i ran them both for a couple years.  I took the red one off the road first as i was doing mostly utility work by then and it was too big.   i just sold that one last month.

16107419_1237144306323159_2502994576860608816_o.jpg

• Like 2