Sign in to follow this  
gxbxc

bailing leaves with a round baler

This may be off the wall but maybe some of you guys who farm could answer my question .Can you use a round baler to pick up windrows of leaves ?I was looking at the leaves they were blowing at are golf course and started wondering if there was an easier way than with a vac truck to pick them up?

I cant see why not, probably wrong but if the windrow is big enough and even enough I cant see why not

Paul 

The hard part will be getting them to feed. Leaves are slick and I know from experience that the pickup and feed rolls don't like slick stuff that isn't weaved together like a hay windrow. That being said, if you go slow enough and have a tight enough windrow, it may work without you having to stand in front of the pickup and force feed it with a rake. A hay roller will roll just about anything, if you can get it stuffed in the throat. You can watch youtube vids of people rolling all kinds of stuff besides hay.