Classy Ford

Outbehindthebarn

my dad had a 46  ford tandem log truck. in had the FABCO tandem  set up.worked like a hot dam here on the coast.parts were cheap and always available.in 1950 he bought a Lincoln motor for it but before he could put in  the Ford dearer ship garage burned down.700x20 RAYON tires  on truck 8.25 on trailer.$7200.00 dollers on the road and was paid for in two  years. kids come over i'll put up a pictue

• Like 2

The Hollis, NH Fire Department used to run this 1956 Ford/Moody engine. Looks like a smaller F-600, not a "Big Job". I know that the New Ipswich, NH Fire Department once had a

1956 Ford F-700, "Big Job" engine, a Farrar I think. I saw it about 30 years ago sitting along Route 9 in the Antrim/Stoddard area of New Hampshire.

bulldogboy

HollisNHE2Ford56.jpg

38 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Correct! The diver of truck 156 was Ezradia Swift who later in life (after a string of dump truck errors) decided to go OTR and hired former grifters and neer do wells to drive and train drivers. Ezradia was shooting of a 85% accident rate because of his dreams of inter state demo derbies. Thats the story I'm sticking to for now.

he had go head first :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

he had go head first :rolleyes:

The report said he was attempting  to be the first Swifter to jump a loaded dump truck over the Snake River Puddle but got addled from the three foot things on the floor, the round spoke thing and the stick with the knob with the math problem on it. It really got out of hand when he dropped his lit candy cigarette in his boot

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

The report said he was attempting  to be the first Swifter to jump a loaded dump truck over the Snake River Puddle but got addled from the three foot things on the floor, the round spoke thing and the stick with the knob with the math problem on it. It really got out of hand when he dropped his lit candy cigarette in his boot

wow you`re in rare form tonight  lol:thumb:

Just now, carlotpilot said:

wow you`re in rare form tonight  lol:thumb:

Well I feel good. located a clean used drum for my mixer only 150 miles away, got the ham out of my rear in the 55, welded up the spiders, upped the gears to 5:88 and got a new short block ordered for it, crab cakes for dinner and told off my liberal daughter in-law and son.  Life is good

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, 41chevy said:

Well I feel good. located a clean used drum for my mixer only 150 miles away, got the ham out of my rear in the 55, welded up the spiders, upped the gears to 5:88 and got a new short block ordered for it, crab cakes for dinner and told off my liberal daughter in-law and son.  Life is good

bravo                  and for grins&giggles heres a little of my welding

20181127_164658.jpg

14 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

bravo                  and for grins&giggles heres a little of my welding

20181127_164658.jpg

Long as it does the job, a grinder  pretties it up but won't get you home.

Here is my spiders cast steel, stick welded with Softweld 99Ni 99% Nickel electrode.

1161886011_DSC00362(Small).JPG.8b30e16bafb1573c36deace94cc1cf5d.JPG

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I know where there is a complete one of these, Thornton Tandem Drive pretty rare they are. Except for carpilot how many of you have seen one of these.

Truck Shop

Welles-Thornton2-AxleDriveconversion3.jpg

truck_mm5-6_spencer_8.jpg

Welles-Thornton2-AxleDriveconversion2.jpg

• Like 1

One ping only

17 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

I know where there is a complete one of these, Thornton Tandem Drive pretty rare they are. Except for carpilot how many of you have seen one of these.

Truck Shop

Rare piece!  I have seen only one or two.

100_2017 - Copy.JPG

100_2019 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Never saw that type but did look at a 1942 Ford with this set up. Made by a company call 6 Wheels Inc in the 1930's to late 40'2. Also made a chain drive set up called Maxi Drive Dual Chain Drive.

chain_drive_truck_2_863bc7274dc56f27bb101d3702f0f911a7c781af.jpg.e6b3a3ca12b4e6e07453e4c7d3d3db96.jpg

chain_drive_truck_1_ec06e14eb603f988348da8c6f00a5405cf1b33f3.jpg.5beef25ddb59ee3d63b4b6078471b126.jpg

0c844bfc-49ab-49bf-ac31-b63c.jpg.b48a2e5dae332dda9916d41fb2c88b81.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE