Highway Through Hell

Anyone watch Highway Through Hell on Discovery Channel? It follows Jamie Davis Towing. I saw in the latest Bulldog Magazine Jamie was at the Mack factory bolting the Bulldog on his new Anthem. All the pic showed was the him at the front of the hood.

Anyone see the truck yet?  I imagine it is just a tractor and not getting a tow body on it?

I don't know if i really buy all that. he says he had to sell everything and is broke. But he doesn't readily tell that he owns a couple other towing companies of different names.

Not to mention every time they do a camera shot of any of them driving you see Western Star, Peterbilt and KW seats, LOL.

Remember the first episode of when he got the first new Star rotator and was driving it home from the factory and the driver side step fell off?

That is about how the build quality of my new Star was too, LOL. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

They are all drama caused by creative editing and people purposely doing stupid stuff for the camera.

I always though the producers had a formula that included one experienced part, one normal part and the court jester.

All of us that do not work in a PC Office could twist our day into a realty show. I spent half the day on the LA freeways and that was a bunch of comedy, then we broke into the site because it was easier to walk through an open door then get the key out of the lock box and that was just to get started in the morning

I'm sure we all could have some kind of reality show. Back when I was still pulling wood chips and bark in walking floor trailers we had a guy drive across town with the landing gear down on the trailer until he got hooked on some railroad tracks. Then he left town with a loaded trailer to go get a load.

Then I had my new Mack CH and a new trailer and a guy I was running with had his new International. We get to the loading site, he jumps out of truck to talk to me, forgot to put his brakes on and rolled into the back of my trailer.

Then he loads on a hill one time, had the tractor brakes on but not the trailer. Put his lift axles down and gets into loader. Drive tires lift off ground and away goes his truck and trailer down hill, jack knifing at the bottom, LOL.

Then again, same guy on our way back from a trip, gets warned of a dead moose laying on the highway that someone already hit. So what does he do? Runs right over it and rips every air line off the bottom of the truck and trailer. Poor mechanic had to dig through blood and guts to get him fixed, LOL.

Ahhh.....those were fun times. Always had a good laugh.

• Like 1

the thing that I cant stand is how anytime any truck spins, bein a brand new star or whatever, they use the same clip of the old General with Dayton wheels spinning. really??? and they never show them getting paid for all these pull up the hills and winch out. as someone whos in the business that is the real drama part. fighting with some foreign shitbag who doesn't want to pay or doesn't have a card or doesn't wanna call home base for a compcheck! or some foreigner cause they all do it, that wants a 'break' on the bill. when the bill comes out my rule is No negotiating, don't deal! and I don't care who it is ,how the hell do they make a boom and winch last by hooking on some loaded rig and snapping the cable and ripping someone up the hill? yea, try that a few times and youll rip the plannateries right out! a winch is made for the cable to be pulled out and to pull someone up the hill or out, not to hook up and snap the cable and use it as a chain

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

10 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

the thing that I cant stand is how anytime any truck spins, bein a brand new star or whatever, they use the same clip of the old General with Dayton wheels spinning. really??? and they never show them getting paid for all these pull up the hills and winch out. as someone whos in the business that is the real drama part. fighting with some foreign shitbag who doesn't want to pay or doesn't have a card or doesn't wanna call home base for a compcheck! or some foreigner cause they all do it, that wants a 'break' on the bill. when the bill comes out my rule is No negotiating, don't deal! and I don't care who it is ,how the hell do they make a boom and winch last by hooking on some loaded rig and snapping the cable and ripping someone up the hill? yea, try that a few times and youll rip the plannateries right out! a winch is made for the cable to be pulled out and to pull someone up the hill or out, not to hook up and snap the cable and use it as a chain

Hahahaha........all so true Maddog13407

Seems like an odd truck to want for that. Especially for a guy that says he is in love with old trucks. I wonder if this is more of a TV sponsorship deal? Especially since Mack lost their advertising now that the Ice Road Seatcovers are over with. (THANKFULLY!!!)

Ya, just what I thought....the "oh poor me going broke" gimmick is just an act. LOL. Got a new 780 tractor and he's going across the country in an old KW with the paint peeling off it, LOL.

That's a nice avatar pic bbigrig. Do you have a full size of it so we can see it better?

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Seems like an odd truck to want for that. Especially for a guy that says he is in love with old trucks. I wonder if this is more of a TV sponsorship deal? . 

BETCHA !!!!

Toyota obviously is chipping in!

The Anthem may spend a lot of time on the back of mighty moe ! However that would likely not  show up on Camera if the sponsorship Idea is At work here! Unless its involved in a wreck!  We will see! 🙄

Seems like an odd truck to want for that. Especially for a guy that says he is in love with old trucks. I wonder if this is more of a TV sponsorship deal? Especially since Mack lost their advertising now that the Ice Road Seatcovers are over with. (THANKFULLY!!!)

What!

No more IRT!

I am going to have to find a new comedy show

I did like the king of obsolete, he had some interesting equipment.