OJ Avery

Allison code P0843

I'm having trouble locating in the parts manual which solenoid this is. Allison 4500. 13 Mack GU

I don't have the breakouts I need to really diagnose it, boss wants to see if just replacing the solenoid will save a trip to the Allison dealer.

Thanks!!

There was a Allison Guru on either a school bus fourm or a motor home forum that had lots of good tech info on the Allison’s . 

Have you replaced the trans fluid and filters?  Seems like people overlook trans fluid and filters.  

Fun fact- The original trans filters say “factory installed”.   

yes, unit has had oil and filters changed. Was in here in June for same code. Looked a little deeper and its a pressure switch. I actually found a ohm value for it when I googled it so I'm going to drop the pan and see what I see.

Having no luck on replacement procedure for the ps1 switch. Winging it:blink: