Rmodelwrench

Camelback to s/a spring or air ride?

Hey guys I currently have a t/a rig I’m wanting to convert to a s/a  I’m wanting to put a service body on this truck I think I would like air ride plus then I could dump bags and have the rear sit lower while working off the back but this truck will see plenty of off road action too 

so single axle spring or air ride? And if spring could I do it with one of my current axles or would I have to buy a different one

i have a friend that has a rear axle air ride out of a Freightliner I believe he said he would sale 

camelback currently

thanks  

I have freightliner single axle air ride under my B.        your not going to gain alot of height by dumping the air but some.      I personally think for the price you can't beat the freightliner air ride.   Simple, reliable, and millions of trucks on the road with it.   

• Like 1

Ok what do you think would be a good gear ratio right now it’s an Eaton 9 speed and the rears are 4.17 this truck will see highway as well as off road 

With a 9spd. overdrive I would think something around the 4.17 would be about right.     terry:MackLogo:

My new truck is the 9 speed overdrive with 4.33's

What speed do you want to cruise at and what tires do you want to run also what engine and weight are you running?

I think 65-70 mph it currently has 11r22.5 on it now e6-300 engine and once a get my bed on it and loaded up I would say I’ll be around 30k my current service truck is a t300 kw with a Eaton 9 speed and at 70mph I’m at 2500rpm

Mine is direct drive with 12r22.5 "basically same as 11r24.5" with 4.30, and does  66.5 at 2200-2300rpm.     According to my tach and a hand held GPS.      

Ok I’ll check on my trans tomorrow get the serial number and see if it’s an direct or over drive also take it on a little drive up to highway speeds to see where I am at now

mine is a 4.30 because I only gave $500 for the complete cutoff with about 15' of frame, and several sections of driveshaft.   With 185hp its enough gear for now.  

55 minutes ago, Rmodelwrench said:

Ok I’ll check on my trans tomorrow get the serial number and see if it’s an direct or over drive also take it on a little drive up to highway speeds to see where I am at now

Don't get seril # but get model like if its a RT or RTO and could be a RTX.RTX and RTO is a over drive.

• Like 1

RTX

Need to know the actual model number after the RTX, RTX-12509 was not an overdrive

1 hour ago, Quickfarms said:

Need to know the actual model number after the RTX, RTX-12509 was not an overdrive

A RTX is a over drive same as a RTO/The X means its got the top cover on it that changes the position of the stick to were o/d is back instead forward but same trans.With out looking I think that is a .74 over drive ratio.

• Like 1