Sign in to follow this  
Timmyb

BHP train derailment.

Did anybody catch the train derailment on the news?

B1437CC1-C137-48A8-90A5-621159B5DBDE.thumb.jpeg.de9196d166bf597d9ea79937b5dab5a6.jpeg

How does a train engineer live down getting out of a locomotive without engaging the brakes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

How does a train engineer live down getting out of a locomotive without engaging the brakes?

Watch the movie Unstoppable.  It was made from a true story about a runaway in Pennsylvania.  They make a comment at the end about that engineer working for a fast food restaurant.

A favorite scene from a movie is Silver Streak, the train is coming into town and the engineer gets thrown from the train by the bad guys and the cops ask "Who's driving the train?" and they show a toolbox on the dead man pedal.    Of course the train crashes through Grand Central Station after the bad guys get shot and no one left to remove the toolbox.

44 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Watch the movie Unstoppable.  It was made from a true story about a runaway in Pennsylvania.  They make a comment at the end about that engineer working for a fast food restaurant.

Actually a runaway in Ohio, Starting out in Walbridge (Toledo area).

Thanks Terry.  The movie pretty much put it all in PA.  Artist license I suppose when it came to scripting it.  I didn't recall the actual event details, though now that you mention it I do recall a story in Ohio a few years back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

If I was the driver and the train started rolling, I would have pulled myself onto the nearest car and headed forward back to the engine double-time.

Was the train in Ohio like just an engine and it went thur several dozen crossings before any one noticed there was no one in the cab ,but the police were able to board it as it was traveling slow compared to the unstoppable movie .