Jump to content
Red Horse

Front Turn Signal Location

Recommended Posts

i have noticed this as well. i have also noticed some automotive manufactures have noticed this as well you will notice a lot of cars the daytime running lamp will turn off on the side witch the turn signal is turned on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ezrider said:

i have noticed this as well. i have also noticed some automotive manufactures have noticed this as well you will notice a lot of cars the daytime running lamp will turn off on the side witch the turn signal is turned on. 

My wife's dodge durango does this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ezrider said:

i have noticed this as well. i have also noticed some automotive manufactures have noticed this as well you will notice a lot of cars the daytime running lamp will turn off on the side witch the turn signal is turned on. 

Yes I was going to comment on that as well.  Speaks volumes doesn't it that they know its an issue and some have done something about it. But apparently they don't view it as a problem when headlight switch is on!

And agree with everyones comments on the "side" lights. Hidden and smallenough to be useless-in particular in winter when trucks are covered in road grime.

 The Ford dealer here in Mass who sells the most 650/750's in New England always ordered fender mounted turn signals as an option.  Since they came out with the new hood like two years ago I guess that is no longer an option as all their new trucks no longer have them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny this came up. I was coming up on a Hartt tanker unit this morning on the Maine Pike and rear signals and brakes lights had a small strobe flash in them to get your attention.

Think alot of the lighting issues is to make the unit aero enough to meet the CARB and Fed requirements.

Edited by 41chevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

Funny this came up. I was coming up on a Hartt tanker unit this morning on the Maine Pike and rear signals and brakes lights had a small strobe flash in them to get your attention.

Think alot of the lighting issues is to make the unit aero enough to meet the CARB and Fed requirements.

No doubt with respect to the fender mounted turn signals-oh and air horns under the front fender.  Must be worth at least ,0032 mpg😎.  And remember when some guys would tie a silk stocking in front of their horns to keep snow out?  No problem with them under the fender in the winter-outa site, outa mind!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and a truck with fender-mounted blinkers is less likely to drive down the road unknowingly signalling a lane change or turn, because you can SEE the blinky light on your fender clear as day.

Then again, does it really matter if people can see a car's blinker if the person driving it never uses it?  Sometimes I wonder if they quit teaching that in driver's ed...nobody uses theirs, and everybody ignores yours when you use it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like some of the FRIEGHTLINERS around here .they come as standard equp with the turn signals out on the mirrors where you can see they front and back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you check, typical European regulations say the car has to have amber rear turn signals.  Thus many of the newer cars have them(so they are compliant), but like mentioned, you can't see them due to the insane brightness of the LED tail lights surrounding them.   I find myself pulling up to a stoplight and having to shield my eyes behind many of the newer cars.  The brake lights will burn your retina!   They think this is safer?  Likely, but when idiots aren't looking up from their phone, they still aren't going to see them!!

 

Yes, most chevy's and likely Mopars have LED daytime running lights that are so bright they have to turn them off so you can see the turn signal.  WTF?  When will it ever end?  I grew up with a love to drive.  Couldn't wait to get my license.  Today I literally don't care if I get into the drivers seat anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, mackey58 said:

Naaaa where not getting old ya just can't fix stupid .juts like common courtesy doesn't exist with 90 % of the new drivers just my opinion 

Very true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, MHfred said:

I thought turn signals must be optional on newer vehicles since they are not used very much.  HA   I really hate it when I am sitting to wait for a vehicle to pass an intersection and the sucker  makes a turn on the road I am sitting.  ERRRR!

 

yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 11:22 AM, Freightrain said:

If you check, typical European regulations say the car has to have amber rear turn signals.  Thus many of the newer cars have them(so they are compliant), but like mentioned, you can't see them due to the insane brightness of the LED tail lights surrounding them.   I find myself pulling up to a stoplight and having to shield my eyes behind many of the newer cars.  The brake lights will burn your retina!   They think this is safer?  Likely, but when idiots aren't looking up from their phone, they still aren't going to see them!!

 

Yes, most chevy's and likely Mopars have LED daytime running lights that are so bright they have to turn them off so you can see the turn signal.  WTF?  When will it ever end?  I grew up with a love to drive.  Couldn't wait to get my license.  Today I literally don't care if I get into the drivers seat anymore.

Kind of the same way I feel about driving a truck anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Welcome to BMT!

...The world's best antique, classic & modern Mack Truck support forum! Founded in 2000, BigMackTrucks.com is the place to go for everything related to Mack Trucks!

BMT!

BigMackTrucks.com is owned and operated by Watt's Truck Center, New Alexandria, PA. This forum and it's contents are not affiliated with Mack Trucks, Inc. or Volvo Trucks North America.

×