New to me, R770 wanna be

I forgot to mention that all I have done to the 8V92 is service it .  

I did however add a box for the airbox drains to drain into.

Originally the airbox drains went into the crankcase. I was told its better to watch what comes out of the airbox. When I got the truck, the drains just drained onto the ground. It was a little messy where ever I went ,LOL. 

So I put together this box for the drains to go into. I can then drain it and watch to make sure there is nothing in it but oil. 

IMG_5096.JPG.205c4b247defeb79e02b4041242c4637.JPGIMG_5093.JPG.ea60180da749daf28faba512989beb27.JPG

• Like 2

Keith 

Wow what a difference some paint and cleaning made!! That looks great 85Snowdog. Nice job.

Looking at your first pics, the dash looks in amazingly good shape too. Usually all these old trucks are trashed inside, or full of holes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Wow what a difference some paint and cleaning made!! That looks great 85Snowdog. Nice job.

Looking at your first pics, the dash looks in amazingly good shape too. Usually all these old trucks are trashed inside, or full of holes.

Thanks. The dash looks good in photo. In person its not at perfect as it appears. 

If you have some time on May 11 and don't mind heading south. A friend of mine  host a little show and shine in Alliston. Its about 30 min south of Barrie.

You can see it in person, along with my Tri-axle  RD that's similar to the one you showed the pic of. 

Keith 

12 hours ago, 1965 said:

Didn’t see; but you need to have a breather at top of that tank or you’ll have too much airbox pressure & it’ll start leaking from crankcase vents

Thanks, I did put a vent in the top. After reading your post, I noticed its hard to see in the photo. 

I've  been getting guidance from a retired Detroit guy.  

Thanks again though. I'm always open to info about my Detroit .  I'm trying to learn as much as I can . 

This pic shows the vent in the top better .

IMG_5094.JPG.a888144e138a56da13800c428a0655e3.JPG

• Like 2

Keith 

3 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks. The dash looks good in photo. In person its not at perfect as it appears. 

If you have some time on May 11 and don't mind heading south. A friend of mine  host a little show and shine in Alliston. Its about 30 min south of Barrie.

You can see it in person, along with my Tri-axle  RD that's similar to the one you showed the pic of. 

Thanks 85snowdog. I'll see what I can do if I can get away from work for a bit.

3 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

11 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks, I did put a vent in the top. After reading your post, I noticed its hard to see in the photo. 

I've  been getting guidance from a retired Detroit guy.  

Thanks again though. I'm always open to info about my Detroit .  I'm trying to learn as much as I can . 

This pic shows the vent in the top better .

IMG_5094.JPG.a888144e138a56da13800c428a0655e3.JPG

I’m just blind I guess, went back & saw it. We did some for some customers back in the 90’s & used pvc pipe & used a breather like on a transmission. Yours is lot nicer!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, 1965 said:

I’m just blind I guess, went back & saw it. We did some for some customers back in the 90’s & used pvc pipe & used a breather like on a transmission. Yours is lot nicer!

Thanks , it is working really good. The amount of oil on the sides of the engine before I did this , I thought something could have been wrong. But after capturing 

the oil in one place, there is very little oil coming out of the airboxes. 

Keith