03 cv713 eup problem

Aletasman

Question

I'm working on an 03 cv713 with the AI460 motor. It has a miss and has terrible pickup when accelerating. I have 2 eup's that aren't acting right. If I crack the lines at the pumps, cyl. 2,3,5&6 all have fuel pulsing out of them and the motor changes pretty drastically. When I crack the lines on vylinders 1 and 4, there is a very slight change in idle however the fuel is coming out in a steady stream at kinda low pressure. I have no codes present and I have replaced the nozzles and lines on these 2 cylinders. I have swapped the eup's with other cylinders and the problem is specific to 1&4. I pulled the cam followers and did a visual inspection of the cam lobes and everything is fine there. Today I unhooked the connectors and performed a continuity test with the wiring as well as tested the solenoids on the pumps to make sure they weren't shorted internally and everything checks out ok. If I remove the wires from the pumps while the engine is running, I get a code for a low or open circuit. I removed the wires for one of the good cylinders and when I cracked the line, it has the same steady stream instead of a pulse. I am at the point where it seems like the EECM is not sending signal for it to fire the solenoids but I don't know if there is a way to test for this. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

1 answer to this question