Sign in to follow this  
41chevy

Pete Movie Truck in Junkyard

Nice find PT!

Sort of surprised it hasn't been scooped up.  Maybe your next treasure?

Well, isn't that always the deal.

It will be worth diddly squat as it continues rotting into the ground.  Is it over at White and Bradstreet?

Uughhh!  Too bad he couldn't have sent you a picture of the hood before you took that drive in the country!

How did it make its way to a junkyard if it's worth so much to be sitting in a junkyard? Just saying?

Just because it says what it says doesn't mean it's what it says it is. I'm just saying.

Edited by tenfive0

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Uughhh!  Too bad he couldn't have sent you a picture of the hood before you took that drive in the country!

Luckily I was in Gorham so it was only a100 mile trip each way. If I was in Virginia it would have been over 1400 miles round trip and I would have been P.O'd. But it is part of my Clariben quest for my mixer.

24 minutes ago, tenfive0 said:

How did it make its way to a junkyard and if it's worth so much why is it sitting in a junkyard? Just saying? Just because it says what it says it is doesn't mean it's what it says it is. I'm just sating.

Saw the movie trailer with the truck in it. Pretty violent running over a toddler and all. Value of the truck is the for me the Big Cam,  the Eaton RTOO-14619 trans. and plaque ,the truck is now just a worn out logger unit no movie star..

Truck movie trailer. Pretty gory.

https://youtu.be/Kv6QfPCPsv0

Edited by 41chevy

Interesting that a truck was built for the movie instead of just sourcing any existing rig for an afternoon of shooting.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:40 AM, DailyDiesel said:

Interesting that a truck was built for the movie instead of just sourcing any existing rig for an afternoon of shooting.

Whited Peterbilt of Bangor supplied it for the  movie and did the final engrave on the tag, turns out it was an order for a company in Prineton and they were given some kick back before the unit was turned over to them.  For me it's worth the engine/trans for one of my Acars.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, j hancock said:

When the Ford Louisville roamed the highways, Whited Ford sold a TON of them.  I was up in Bangor quite often in the early 90's and the Whited shop was going non stop with new truck upfitting and rebuild work.  Pulp was going good and everybody was super busy.

Seems now every dump truck and Dump trailer combo  is either a Mack or International all I see for OTR is Petes Volvo and an occasional K.W. although Shaws wanted to get some Anthems but the lead time was too long to they bought Navistars.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:01 PM, 41chevy said:

Seems now every dump truck and Dump trailer combo  is either a Mack or International all I see for OTR is Petes Volvo and an occasional K.W. although Shaws wanted to get some Anthems but the lead time was too long to they bought Navistars.

Paul, you have a message.

1 hour ago, Phase 1 said:

Paul, you have a message.

Got it, thanks for the info, already on Craigs list for 5 grand.