Sign in to follow this  
terry

MP 8 ?

Company that I work for just bought a 2008 Ch, has a MP 8 engine, on the engine tag it says 425E, right below that it says 338 Hp at 2100 is this only a 338 Hp engine, and does it take much to increase the ponies?    terry:MackLogo:

Maybe a reflash or a piggy back module for the ECM. It controls the injector/pump assemblies for pressure and squirt duration and I believe the variable turbo gate.-  Other than that I'm at a loss.  God I like my old units more every day!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Maybe a reflash or a piggy back module for the ECM. It controls the injector/pump assemblies for pressure and squirt duration and I believe the variable turbo gate.-  Other than that I'm at a loss.  God I like my old units more every day!

nothing like the old 237/285 series, turn key and go, maybe not real powerful, but real dependable!    terry:MackLogo:

Its a 425HP engine.  338 may be the hp at 2100 RPM, but max hp is around 1600-1700 RPM.

• Like 1