AMI 370 power increase

03' Big Red

Hopefully that is ledgible, all the injector numbers to get you whatever you need.  Thanks to mackpro.  Or mack tech, I can't remember which one I got them from, but they both have been a HUGE help to me and a lot of people on here.

Edited by OldRedMack
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OldRedMack said:

I have a ami370, put on an etech exhaust manifold, went to the 427/460 injectors from k&s thanks to mack tech and they were great to deal with, and had the local turbo shop build an s467 with a billet wheel.  The truck makes 44psi of boost and runs like a monster, fun to drive now.

Looks like we have our blueprint and a good testimony!!

Thanks ORMack. 

You willing to mention cost on turbo build?

Screenshot_20181006-134101_Drive.thumb.jpg.7de552ed80b81e010d9d310ef5850b48.jpg

So I am relatively new to this stuff, am I correct in saying that to go from a 370 to 460 its just a turbo and injector change and no ECM work ?
Not that I want to change anything in my ECM, just curious.
I’ve heard about a 460 XT that’s about 485 HP is that also injector and turbo or does it include ECM ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your out of the XT era.

Use what you got. Every engine generation of Mack has had Cheats until recently. Screws to turn, puff limiters to cripple, warranty seals to break, injectors to swap, manifolds to switch, turbos to manipulate, special austrailian smoke files, XT files, tuners, deletes, etc, etc, etc. You now know what yours is, on a platter, from OR Mack who just did it. Good Luck! 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have not as of yet, just hit the 90,000 ish mark on a in frame, the engine really loosened up and runs excellent, I can shift at 1300 rpm now and it has the power to keep pulling, until recently I had to rev to 1800 or so. This is a tri axle, the gross weight here in PA is 73280 lbs