M1000 tank transporter

m16ty

On 10/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, david wild said:

Had them Iraq, maintain he steering and they work fine, like I said maintain the steering.  

David, Do you have any idea of what the real world capacity of these are? I talked to a guy, and he had the pictures to prove it, that said he's hauled 100 tons without problems. I know the military rates them at 70 tons, but they figure ratings very conservative, and are based on going over terrain that nobody would even think of attempting in the real world. I can permit it in TN at 280,000 lb, which would equal out to around 200,000 lbs payload. 

• 1 month later...

Got the trailer home. Ran the apu and what hyd I could (some broken hoses). Needs a little tlc, a few hyd lines, some air lines, and a few tires, but I'm working on it. 

Also have the RD822sx in the shop awaiting a big 5th wheel and a AT1202 auxiliary. 

m1000 trailer shop.jpg

RD822sx.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gxbxc said:

Can't you change the king pin on that trailer I though I had read someplace that they were interchangable .

I would have thought you could change it ok as you can get plenty of different brand 2 inch pins rated in excess of 100 ton

Paul 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gxbxc said:

Can't you change the king pin on that trailer I though I had read someplace that they were interchangable .

Some military trailers have a interchangeable kingpin, but not that particular trailer. I’m sure it would be possible to permanently change the kingpin, but it’s a press fit and the kingpin shaft is also tied into the trailer steering mechanism.

I’ve got a 3 1/2” 5th wheel on the way for the Mack.

4 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Now that's a shop!

That is actually our warehouse the trailer is in, used to store customer’s machinery and goods. 

The Mack picture is our shop, which is a sectioned off portion of the warehouse. The trailer would have filled up our whole shop, with no room to get anything else in there, which is why it’s in the warehouse portion.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

And how did the maiden voyage go ??

Paul 

I just pulled it out of our warehouse and around the building. 

There is a learning curve to pulling it. It doesn’t track like a regular trailer at all. If you swing wide for a turn, you’ll likely end up in the far side ditch.

To get it backed out of the building, it was kind of tight, so I had to put Dad to driving the truck, and I had to walk beside the trailer and manually steer it. Once in the clear, you put the trailer in automatic mode and it will steer with the truck.

• Like 1