WWII Hobart Weld Mobile

41chevy

17 hours ago, Ezrider said:

that thing is friggin awesome, i never even knew such a thing existed. 

If I get it it will make number two I have.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've only seen one other of these in all my years. It sat behind a welding shop in DC for years. The guy that owned it said it was previously owned by an airline. It had a much shorter wheelbase than this one. I am not sure if it was a Hobart or some other make. It disappeared when scrap prices spiked in the 80's or 90's, it may be part of a beer can in my fridge😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VaPatentman said:

I've only seen one other of these in all my years. It sat behind a welding shop in DC for years. The guy that owned it said it was previously owned by an airline. It had a much shorter wheelbase than this one. I am not sure if it was a Hobart or some other make. It disappeared when scrap prices spiked in the 80's or 90's, it may be part of a beer can in my fridge😉

If it was a rust and orange short Hobart it is in my yard in Fork Union.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, eddeere said:

That thing is really neat . Why do the front tires stick so far out past the fenders .  Wrong rims ? Hope you get it needs a good home .

They are car wheels. The correct wheels are included, seems the issue was getting 5.25x15 tires for them

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Check Miller tire they list a 5x15 front tractor or implement tire

I figured Miller, the people just made it roll to use it 5 years ago. 

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, VaPatentman said:

I hope it is the one you have. I wasn't in the position to buy it at the time and was heart broken when it disappeared

9bcf47cd14a11ea45716338a1e52a14c.jpg.6b0a5c6627bb8d93574696dbe8eb22a0.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I answered their new offer with a counter offer in 100% cash. Hope is happens.

P.T.CHESHIRE

as far as the chebby in a ford goes, i have said for many many many years "even a blind, one handed, retarded monkey can make a chebby run. it takes talent to make a ford run"

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, tjc transport said:

as far as the chebby in a ford goes, i have said for many many many years "even a blind, one handed, retarded monkey can make a chebby run. it takes talent to make a ford run"

OUCH

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On 10/9/2018 at 4:52 AM, tjc transport said:

Talent, as well as lots of parts and tools. (just kidding, Freightrain!!)