Both of the battery box covers are missing. Are the aluminum covers available?

03abc2c29da7c8f7c2327a8b5c5e47b5.jpg

bb333bcd5d415e20dc06a868b5bffdb9.jpg

Since this is a California truck, is there an issue with only running two batteries? If I continue to run two batteries would it be hard to put both of them in one battery box?

id take those battery boxes off and throw them in the scrap aluminum pile and put the eastern ones on with the X on the front. only thing those are good for is fallin on your ass when the cover slips off. otherwise that truck is such a honey.  bias ply tires and all.

Edited by Maddog13407
  • Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Does that have a Detroit engine based on the height of the hood?

No

Mack

ENDT675

With a Mack 5 speed direct trans

baa400fc8520d9ca395748bb1fd332e0.jpg&key=764e3d597680ee9b4f21d9f4b55f6a4b75f7e2573e79bb382eeed8eb72494328

Any idea what the block above the filters purpose is. It appears that there is a fitting on each side that is not connected

Those Western battery box bottoms don't suit Eastern covers, no matter aluminium or steel. Two batteries would be quite enough to start and drive your truck, especially in your warm region. I have two batteries installed in one Eastern box which looks smaller than yours. The only and important thing you should insulate the terminals in the other box very well. Otherwise some inside the box welding or a blast in the other inside might happen.

No ideas on the matter of the device atop of the filter. Pretty sure it's an aftermarket thing. Could be a water sensor if the filter is a fuel one. The location of the filter itself doesn't seem familiar to me either.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

9 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Does anyone know what the make and part number is for the proportioning relay valve that is located inside the passenger side frame rail just behind the radiator?

It's venting air out the bottom when the foot valve is depressed

Sounds like a quick release valve for the steer axle, any truck parts place should be able to match up.     terry:MackLogo:

My 237 started with ease with only 2 batteries.   Not a problem with these "little" engines.

BTW, nice truck.   That lift and bed will likely be a handy thing to have around.  Kinda like a shirt pocket(sure glad to have it when you need it).

Sorry to hear about your 4 legged family member.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Sounds like a quick release valve for the steer axle, any truck parts place should be able to match up.     terry:MackLogo:

I did some research and it looks like it is a bendix LQ-2 valve, I will just have the local truck parts house match it

Does anyone have any experience with the hydraulic steering boost

8be6054ca26e49cdf5b431ac1560f6fb.jpg

It looks like the drag link is the control valve, there is a ram on the front axle and it looks like there is a reservoir above the engine by the firewall. The pump appears to be located on the passenger side low

It does not appear to be working at idle. Does it need some rpm to work?

wasn't sayin out an eastern top on a western bottom. id those the top and bottom in the scrap pile. deadliest piece of junk Mack ever put on a truck

Out here in California there is not a lot of Mack parts around but I understand what you are saying.

If I decide to paint this truck and polish the fuel tanks, polished battery box covers would look good