Mack emblems, V8 & Valve Cover Dog

• 6 months later...
58 minutes ago, Mean Green said:

found these from a guy 4.00 each put them on my doors with double sided tape there made from a soft metal

20211204_173300.jpg

Chuck Roser, Roser Enterprises has them. Apparently not too many left.

What they were originally for?

I saw a guy on ebay selling magnets he made cutting chain attachment ear off a Mack key hanger. But those had enamel on and the cost turned out more than $4.00

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

18 hours ago, Vladislav said:

What they were originally for?

Just a guess, but probably to put on casting patterns. I think he says they're a soft metal ( lead? ). It would make sense if it was like the oval on the transmission to bend to the curvature of the pattern. Probably from when they still used wooden patterns on some castings.

2 hours ago, Frank Y said:

Just a guess, but probably to put on casting patterns. I think he says they're a soft metal ( lead? ). It would make sense if it was like the oval on the transmission to bend to the curvature of the pattern. Probably from when they still used wooden patterns on some castings.

`Interesting. Your suggestion makes sence. Actually those are easy to reproduce casting led or tin into gyps or even clay if you want them more. So far I haven't figured any reason I would need one though:)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/31/2021 at 1:14 AM, AZB755V8 said:

Well this has been over a 3 year, started Sept 2018, quest to get some Really Nice Emblems Made. Gone though several places that said they could do them and all failed badly. I was at the end of the line with trying, thinking I wasted a lot of time and $$$ to get a few Emblems. I had been contacting my last vendor for over a year and a half and finally gave up. Then to find a present in FedEx a day before this Christmas 2021.

From what I know the Dog is a one year only Emblem with no part number. It was used on the 1993 CL Elite Limited trucks on the valve covers for the E7-400 and E9-500 engines. There is two round .250 dia. x .125 high inch tabs on the back that can be drilled and taped 8-32 for mounting. They will look Great on anything even belt buckles.

The V8 is the iconic Mack Emblem that is still highly desirable and big $$$ if you can even find one or two in good shape. This Emblem has the correct mounting studs.

What do you think of the end result? They are heavy not diecast or pot metal.

Dogs.thumb.jpg.c6d51dad276b1d9eb0e1f92019679813.jpg

1337016067_GoldV8.thumb.jpg.1b20a4ccc8c65cf7d91a74804f3b04c1.jpg

1652685219_SilverV8.thumb.jpg.4dc11064ca8b387fba8ada84deba68bc.jpg

There is an Original Emblem in each photo for comparison. I am very particular with what I would put on my trucks and these are a close to Original as you will Ever find and New. I am not OK with the gold as it is a coating over the Chrome and had a sample from over 2 years ago. It was on my desk in the sunlight and faded to Chrome. I will see if I can just get some in bare Brass or Bronze plated instead of the Gold. I can not guaranty the finishes other than Chrome, it is triple plated and nice. These will be ready to go in 4-6 weeks.

Price for now is $100 each with free shipping on 2 or more Emblems. A Very far price considering all that has went into getting these Really Nice Emblems to the finish line.

Hi, are these still available? How can I order please??

thankyou!