1964 B61, 673 turbo, quad.

seyser

Yup, parking brake on the floor.  Usually just a vague inference.....I made sure my truck had spring brakes before I bought it.  I didn't want to rely on a wood chock to make sure my truck was still sitting where I left it LOL!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

15 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Yup, parking brake on the floor.  Usually just a vague inference.....I made sure my truck had spring brakes before I bought it.  I didn't want to rely on a wood chock to make sure my truck was still sitting where I left it LOL!

You got that right...in the 70's my dad had a lot of his trucks retrofitted with maxis and I remember one instance where the valves & hoses didn't get hooked up just right. I was with him on a trip through Kentucky, we stopped at a truck stop with a definite slope to the parking lot. We got out and started walking up the hill when this older man who was sweeping the garage floor said, "Mister, your truck is rolling away". We took off running but it gathered speed (it was rolling backwards) and the trailer swung around, thankfully the landing gear lined up with the fuel tank and when it hit that it stopped (big dent in the tank of course). That's one of those scenes that I'll never forget.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...