Sign in to follow this  
cfd511

Weight permits

Anyone know how the divisible load permit works in suffolk county NY. I bought a truck that had a grandfathered permit and the guy was willing to give me the permit with the truck but i have no idea how to transfer it. any help will be appreciated. Also does anyone know what the gvw of a 2000 mack 688 is. i have no idea what rears are in it and the door stickers are rough. there is one sticker from a spring company which states the gvw is 66.000.

Is this a tri axle with a steerable lift axle?

You need a steerable lift axle to transfer that permit,that permit is worth quit a few bucks so don't let it go,you can bank the weight until u get a truck to use it,Send an e-mail to Wiliam J Morris@dot.ny.gov they are very helpful.If u can post some pictures off your truck someone here can tell u what axle you have.How much was the truck previous registered for?

i believe is was registered for 54000 because the guy really only plowed snow with it . ill post pic tonight and thanks for the info.