Jump to content

Ford Trucks introduces truck of the future


Recommended Posts

Alex Miedema Netherlands  /  September 19, 2018

The F-Vision is a pure electric concept truck from Ford Trucks. This is the prototype of a level 4 autonomous truck. The concept model reveals Ford Trucks’ future vision on electrification, autonomous and connected drive, lightweight and zero carbon emission products. It cares about humans’ priorities both inside the cab and on the road, as well as the load being carried, and aims constantly to connect with the environment and users and communicates.

.

Photo 5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ford F-Vision speaks volumes about the company's commitment to the heavy truck segment. This is a serious, highly advanced concept vehicle. I myself am extremely impressed. Naturally, a concept is a "best guess".....made in the present. "Big Red" was another brilliant and extremely serious concept from Ford Truck. We didn't get there altogether, but have no doubt that a great deal was learned. 

That Ford has produced a futuristic concept truck on the same level as the examples from DAF, M-B, MAN, Scania, Iveco and Volvo should make Americans very proud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The Ford F-Vision speaks volumes about the company's commitment to the heavy truck segment. This is a serious, highly advanced concept vehicle. I myself am extremely impressed. Naturally, a concept is a "best guess".....made in the present. "Big Red" was another brilliant and extremely serious concept from Ford Truck. We didn't get there altogether, but have no doubt that a great deal was learned. 

That Ford has produced a futuristic concept truck on the same level as the examples from DAF, M-B, MAN, Scania, Iveco and Volvo should make Americans very proud.

Kevin, I'm assuming your  positive view  about Ford's commitment is focused on EU, Middle East, Africa- everything but US.  And is that commitment  90% Otosan and 10% Dearborn?  I've read that Turkey is where all of Ford's heavy truck engineering takes place.  As I look at 650/750 I have to think "Heavy" means just that-class 8. 

Do you see/hear anything that suggests anything that goes on with Otosan trickles back to the US?  Or Brazil for that matter.

It amazes me that the Turks can put something like this together when you consider that Dearborn can't afford to spend what would have to be chump change to offer an alternative power train to the Power Stroke/ Torqueshift combo.

And by the way-video not in English but the "suit" in the slide is speaking against a background with English graphics in background. Or was the picture with the "suit" taken at the show?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

they can keep those ugly trucks, short trucks. Yeah yeah I know we’ve already heard many a times on how we Americans do trucking all wrong. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Kevin, I'm assuming your  positive view  about Ford's commitment is focused on EU, Middle East, Africa- everything but US.  And is that commitment  90% Otosan and 10% Dearborn?  I've read that Turkey is where all of Ford's heavy truck engineering takes place.  As I look at 650/750 I have to think "Heavy" means just that-class 8. 

Do you see/hear anything that suggests anything that goes on with Otosan trickles back to the US?  Or Brazil for that matter.

It amazes me that the Turks can put something like this together when you consider that Dearborn can't afford to spend what would have to be chump change to offer an alternative power train to the Power Stroke/ Torqueshift combo.

And by the way-video not in English but the "suit" in the slide is speaking against a background with English graphics in background. Or was the picture with the "suit" taken at the show?

 

Bob, the percentage of Dearborn-made investment in the Ford-Otosan depends on the project. For example, the Transit range receives massive Ford investment because the majority of that product is exported to Ford country markets worldwide.

The investment in Cargo, which is massive, including the ramping up of China production in which Ford Dearborn is the Chinese truckmaker's partner, has also varied.

Ford-Otosan largely took over R&D for Brazil a few years back, because Dearborn designated Ford-Otosan its global commercial truck design base.

The folks at Otosan are enthusiastic, but none of this would have been possible without Dearborn money and Bill Ford's support. Ford is creating a vertically-integrated truck platform with Ford engines, transmissions and axles. That engineering costs serious money, which speaks volumes about the level of commitment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, the percentage of Dearborn-made investment in the Ford-Otosan depends on the project. For example, the Transit range receives massive Ford investment because the majority of that product is exported to Ford country markets worldwide.

The investment in Cargo, which is massive, including the ramping up of China production in which Ford Dearborn is the Chinese truckmaker's partner, has also varied.

Ford-Otosan largely took over R&D for Brazil a few years back, because Dearborn designated Ford-Otosan its global commercial truck design base.

The folks at Otosan are enthusiastic, but none of this would have been possible without Dearborn money and Bill Ford's support. Ford is creating a vertically-integrated truck platform with Ford engines, transmissions and axles. That engineering costs serious money, which speaks volumes about the level of commitment.

Thx Kevin-hope some of that vertical integration shows up here given fact that is primary reason why the 6.7/ torqueshift is the only diesel combo in 650/750.  then again the "tariff war" makes a Turkish built power train unlikely at this point.

Will be interesting to see if that F-Max ends up in Brazil.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...