fjh

What ever happened to the 7 year warranty for emissions

These days It seems that over 80 percent of most  downtime issues are emission related! Correct me If I'm wrong I Believe in the late eighties and early nintey's 

there was a  seven year Warranty on emissions devices imposed on manufacturers ?   If manufactures of today we mandated by law and  had to source  reliable sensors and wiring we would have more reliable equipment! 

Thoughts anyone!

• Like 1

It's 5years/100,000 miles on emissions now. That's the federal mandate warranty. When I did warranty ( up until 2 weeks ago) the standard engine warranty is 2year/250,000 miles.  If the farmers, dump truck guys and garbage trucks stayed under 100,000 miles and 5 years , emissions was covered , even injectiors/cups and turbos.