Sign in to follow this  
other dog

Pictures of the Week

All I can say is: you got it going on! Good for ya!

• Like 1

Oh man ya know redheads are classified as hard to handle i.know om married to one lol just kidding with ya nice

• Like 1

We spent a few nights at Hawk's Nest and rode the cable car down to the river...it's a real nice place.

Glad to see you’re having a fun OD. As always I enjoyed your pics. 

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder what could be seen on the open road, if only I had gone OTR. Your mobile photography is always interesting to see, thank you for sharing.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:37 PM, beatngu said:

I sometimes wonder what could be seen on the open road, if only I had gone OTR. Your mobile photography is always interesting to see, thank you for sharing.

I got a 30 min. break in at Hawk's Nest, plenty of time to look around and walk that little loop trail.I have stopped there before, but it was new to Zina. One of our drivers said I should show her the full truck driver experience, taking a shower at a truck stop. But I told her to start with she would not have to do that, we would get a motel room at least every other night. So I figured taking her across rt. 60 from Charleston would also be a true trucking experience, like back before the turnpike and I-64 was finished and you didn't have much of a choice.

And the Hawk's Nest Tunnel was very interesting, I hadn't bothered to google it before, but she did. The intake for the tunnel is all the way to the far right side of the dam.

DSCN6672A.jpg.0c966dc69e76b78530b50daf53e17682.jpg

DSCN6672.JPG.0b35fe70457e82b81bcbfa3c13435246.JPG

I used to take the time to stop and look at a lot of things, but the idiotic hours of service and electronic logs today pretty much put a stop to it.

Some places I have taken the time to look at include Hoover Dam, the aquarium in Boston, the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio, Mt. Rushmore,  the New River Bridge in WV, and i'm sure there's more.  Now I can drive by and look at things, but there's hardly ever time to stop anywhere.

OD, I drove over Hoover dam a couple times before 911, they won't let you drive a semi over it anymore! It has some pretty tight turns, but imagine if a terrorist drove a load of explosives or toxic chemicals off the dam into the river! One of the most beautiful sights I've seen is that dam.I used to cross the New River  on 19 going to and from my home in Washington Pa. That whole state is beautiful! I heard it costs over 100k to periodically regild the capital dome!

Yep, that's when I stopped at Hoover Dam, back when you still drove over the dam itself. 

Tom,

Thanks for the reportage. I like that big pump in the pumpkin field (oh, no pumpkins there - nevermind), the oversize load, the Jim Beam truck. And the scenaries made from Hawk Nest view point are unbelivable. Marked the place on my list.

Say hello to the redhead :)

On 9/14/2018 at 4:20 PM, other dog said:

Yep, that's when I stopped at Hoover Dam, back when you still drove over the dam itself. 

Same here!! and also say Hello to the Redhead..

13 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Did you take the dam tour and ask some dam questions? 

We walked down and did the old visitors center but it was too late in the afternoon to do the inside tour.

On 9/16/2018 at 3:03 PM, Brocky said:

Same here!! and also say Hello to the Redhead..

I will- she's coming back Friday, we're going to Winchester.

7 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

ZIma-2017.jpg.de43e754f03570b8d2ea4743113608b9.jpg

Wow, we were just talking this evening and I was telling her that people used to put Jolly Ranchers in some kind of drink, but I couldn't remember what.

very nice jimmy, and a even better lookin' lady in it!!    terry:MackLogo:👍

Edited by terry