Heavy Spec Anthem

That was a few years back so the Granite chassis may no longer be available under the Pinnacle or Anthem cab. But if the HD chassis ain't an option, it should be- There are a lot of ag haulers that need 14 and 44k axles with cross diff locks to accommodate pusher axles and for when they go off road to load and a sleeper for overnight runs. Same in the oilfields, they need a heavy spec on/off road truck with a sleeper for when they can't get a motel.

Western star has as many issues as any other , ive talked to more than one owner operator thats un happy with their newer stars, radiator issues ,lraking cabs ,bad wiring .  They call them glorified freightliners just as jack is a glorifiex volvo , they all suck nowdays ! Imho. 

• Like 1

Yes, as Logtruckman has said, I am not happy with my 4900 Star. Love the looks, the interior, dash, everything about it.....EXCEPT the build quality.

It's like they built it drunk, or put all their most disgruntled employees on it.

And considering it was a fully loaded unit and not just some cheap dealer stock order, you would think they would have put a BIT of care into it.

And yes, they are all junk now. Got a big heavy haul fleet here that has been Kenworth forever and they are thinking of switching, and the contractor I haul for bought a fleet of new Granites and a Mack dealership chain, and their new Mack's had parts falling off them the first day they went to work.

All they care about now is getting your money.

• Like 1