Heavy Spec Anthem

26 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Spotted this at a pit I am hauling out of in northern Ontario, Canada. I was kinda surprised to see an Anthem used for this application with wide base steers.

043 (Large).jpg

044 (Large).jpg

045 (Large).jpg

046 (Large).jpg

I'm sure it's a "Dumb" Question,!!!

But, why do the Trailer axles have Different Spreads?? A big, No No.. here..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I think it looks better like that with the big steers and flat top than it does as a highway truck.

I just wish they could find a designer than can come up with some better looking air intakes than those screen doors on the sides of the hood. At least those goofy mirrors can be deleted.

On 9/2/2018 at 1:23 AM, Bullheaded said:

Spotted this at a pit I am hauling out of in northern Ontario, Canada. I was kinda surprised to see an Anthem used for this application with wide base steers.

043 (Large).jpg

044 (Large).jpg

045 (Large).jpg

046 (Large).jpg

This truck is owned by a gentleman who owns a fleet of Petes and KWs.  Don't get to excited about Mack getting into this Paccar fleet. The son of the owner is an apprentice at a Mack dealer and convinced Dad to buy it. They still have Paccar products ordered and on the way. 

It's only a 14.6 and 46 spec. Mdrive blah blah. Lots of elecectrical issues with that one already. The owner of the fleet drives it. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Lmackattack said:

im still not sold on them. even when they are "dressed up" they still look like a entry level plastic truck. The look of them are just not what I would want in a truck. the body lines are all wrong with the hood. it needs to be a little flatter on top and longer so that the engine is under the hood not the cab. the small hood with a engine stuffed under the cab just screams $$$$$ every time it needs a simple repair.The air tank set up is not pleasing to the eye. Stack location behind sleeper is good for aero but should have other options.

Engine location is no different than on an "old" pinnacle. 

Kevin posted a couple days ago that the Scania V8 would need a wide front frame like Macks used to use due to it's width. I looked up the V8's dimensions and I'm afraid he's right, and with inline 6s dominating the market here there's no incentive for truck makers to build a wider or drop front frame. So while you could probably fit a Scania V8 in a CL or the other chassis that hosted the Mack V8, It looks like the Scania V8 won't fit any current International chassis. Wonder if the tooling for the drop front frame section from the Transtar days is still around...?

On 9/3/2018 at 11:38 AM, Bullheaded said:

I think it looks better like that with the big steers and flat top than it does as a highway truck.

I just wish they could find a designer than can come up with some better looking air intakes than those screen doors on the sides of the hood. At least those goofy mirrors can be deleted.

Those big steers are just show. You can get up to s 16f axle on an Anthem.

22 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Kevin posted a couple days ago that the Scania V8 would need a wide front frame like Macks used to use due to it's width. I looked up the V8's dimensions and I'm afraid he's right, and with inline 6s dominating the market here there's no incentive for truck makers to build a wider or drop front frame. So while you could probably fit a Scania V8 in a CL or the other chassis that hosted the Mack V8, It looks like the Scania V8 won't fit any current International chassis. Wonder if the tooling for the drop front frame section from the Transtar days is still around...?

To bad Volvo-Mack does't offer the Cummins ISX15 , 400-600 horsepower with up to 2050 pound-feet torque. Any idea way Volvo-MACK won't offer it?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• As stated above the pinnacle can be ordered with the Granite chassis. So why aren't there more heavy duty pinnacles and granites sold as tractors? Hmm let's put on our thinking caps.  Why is Pete/KW-WS-Shaker kicking Mack's ass. NO BIG BORES ALLOWED IN THOSE SHORT HOODS PERHAPS !! :wacko:
Edited by james j neiweem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, james j neiweem said:
  • As stated above the pinnacle can be ordered with the Granite chassis. So why aren't there more heavy duty pinnacles and granites sold as tractors? Hmm let's put on our thinking caps.  Why is Pete/KW-WS-Shaker kicking Mack's ass. NO BIG BORES ALLOWED IN THOSE SHORT HOODS PERHAPS !! :wacko:

Price....price.....price......and the lack of a X15/DD15/DD16 competing powerplant.

• Like 1

There are a lot of GU 813's pulling 8 axle MI gravel trains here in Michigan. I have seen a few new Anthem's with 7 axle MI tankers already. My 1998 CL 713 dump is setup for 145,000 GVW with a E7 460, it gets the job done and is good on fuel too.

• Like 1