TRXL1071A in a 2003 RD

03' Big Red

I am considering putting the TRXL1071A in my 2003 RD688s, I have a Eaton RTOF 8 LL now.

i have the AMI 370 so I don’t think I’ll have  a issue with the extended range nature.

i like the 23.08 low gear,5 speed and the multi speed reverse features of this trans. the direct 5 th will work fine with my set up.

my question is what all would need changed, I assume a bellhousing for a Mack trans would be needed and some driveshaft work as well. Is there a yoke that would work that has the 16 tooth ring for speed sensor? 

Are there any software adjustments I could make to optimize this set up ?

i realize I may have to fabricate a mount for the sensor .

thanks in advance for any info 

The bell housing is part of the trans you will need to fab mounts as for the tone ring that will be tough as there were very few built with electric speedo  you may fine one thru chassis records of some MH cab over chassis! 

if that is the six speed with the extra low, deep reduction, it very will maybe not work to good behind that engine that had a fuller, that mack trans. has some real wide gear splits that might lug that engine pretty bad.    terry:MackLogo: