Sign in to follow this  
cfd511

Air leak

Hello All

I just bought a 2000 mack 688 rd dump truck . while driving i noticed when i push the brakes the pressure drops in the tank rapidly. i went back to the yard and parked. when i push the brakes i hear a loud air lead. i traced it to the air relay . when i push the brakes a lot of air comes out from the side of the air relay . i was wondering if this is a bleed port of something. its kinda hard to see the whole valve so I'm just trying to get some info before i remove it. also i can't hear any other leaks while this thing bleeds cause its loud. 

thanks

replace it..the diaphragm is prolly shot

.much easier than trying to fix it

just remember what lines went where

Welcome to money pit %%%%%

Yea i had to put some money when i first bought it . i'm a little annoyed at the shop i brought it to . I asked them to do a look over of the air brakes and they completely misses the huge lead. And hat city i'm going to replace in the am. I needed a truck to move fill and plow on the county roads during the winters. I got this thing for cheap and its actually in really good condition besides a few things.