It's not even safe fo eat Cheerios

kscarbel2

Absolutely they do bob. As ineffective as I am at clearly communicating the thought from my head onto paper I missed getting that part right. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

5 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Who knows what the actual carcinogenic effects roundup and all the many many other chemicals have. I’m not a tree hugger but monarch butterflies and honey bees are disappearing fast in the last 25 years which is right about the same time the government had subsidies for zero till chem fallow practices. No milkweed, no monarchs, no grasshoppers, no kestrels. I’m in no way saying I have an answer or there is an easy answer but maybe we better take a second look. I found KS’s original post about Monsanto taking the brunt of the lawsuit instead of sharing it with the producers who put the product on their crops then sold allegedly tainted wheat. 

I agree 100% but the report to me appears to target the manufacturers of the products (whom supposedly have "deep pockets") not the company farms, processors, suppliers and the USDA at the start of the chain. From the start of the chain like they did for asbestos.  Almost bankrupted my wifes grandfather but he took full responsibility for the mining, manufacture and issues caused by it. Ironically he died of brown lung too.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I really like Cheerios, I get them at the sam’s club, 2 boxes of the honey nut & 2 of the plain & mix them together so there not too sweet. Guess I should start getting fruit loops since I liked them so much when I was a kid

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

I really like Cheerios, I get them at the sam’s club, 2 boxes of the honey nut & 2 of the plain & mix them together so there not too sweet. Guess I should start getting fruit loops since I liked them so much when I was a kid

As a kid, I was a huge Quisp fan. I recall Quaker Oats had two companion products, Quisp and Quake.

Billions of parents have given their kids Cheerios as a convenient and healthy (???) snack when they're on the go/traveling. And now you hear it contains Roundup's key ingredient glyphosate. Just lovely. However it got there, General Mills is wholly responsible for the product they produce and sell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Toasted honey wheat baby I could eat them 3 meals a day lol and yes I do like Honey Nut Cheerios and Cap’n Crunch as I mentioned earlier I usually don’t eat any of it because of calories...bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Toasted honey wheat baby I could eat them 3 meals a day lol and yes I do like Honey Nut Cheerios and Cap’n Crunch as I mentioned earlier I usually don’t eat any of it because of calories...bob

Mmm...      cap'n crunch haven't had that for awhile.   Think I'm going to have to grab a box of that.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

Honey Nut Cheerios and Mini Wheats from BJ's and I do the same thing, mix them together. Also still eat Shredded Wheat and have since I was a kid. Of course can't find the old Nabisco ones any more.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 8/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, 41chevy said:

So Eggs are bad , meat is bad especially bacon, Milk and dairy are bad.

My thought is this

http://dai.ly/x2rmdkb http://dai.ly/x2rmdkb

I don't usually even have breakfast on Sunday's when I have to leave, but this morning there was 4 eggs left in the carton, so I fried them all. They were very delicious with the 4 pieces of Jimmy Dean sage sausage I had with them.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Share this with anyone caring for infants. Dangerous levels of heavy metals in infant/toddler foods. Gerber and other manufacturers did not dispute the test results, rather their own testing confirmed it to be true.

Two-thirds of the food contains cadmium, arsenic and/or lead. What a way to start your life. A shocking display of corporate irresponsibility.

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-safety/heavy-metals-in-baby-food/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

As a kid, I was a huge Quisp fan. I recall Quaker Oats had two companion products, Quisp and Quake.

Billions of parents have given their kids Cheerios as a convenient and healthy (???) snack when they're on the go/traveling. And now you hear it contains Roundup's key ingredient glyphosate. Just lovely. However it got there, General Mills is wholly responsible for the product they produce and sell.

Let’s not forget that since glyphosate went off patent years ago many many companies make and sell products with glyphosate in them so I don’t see how Monsanto can be the only ones held responsible. Remember the ‘08 olympics in Beijing? The reason roundup went through the roof in price was because all of the generic Chinese stuff was put on hold so the olympians could breathe for preolympic training as well as the olympics. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

So now I feel better. We used to mix and use Agent Orange II  and Agent Blue cut with Triclor in drums with paddles in skivvies for use along NH-1 and spray our selves our bedding and gear with DDT.  Since I'm on plus time since December 18 of 1971 I guess Cheerios are the least of MY worries. If and a big if General Mills and others knew the chemicals in the cereals that they and the entire supply chain before them should be held responsible. Hell we could hold GM, Ford and other vehicle manufacturers libel for the effects of leaded fuel . Like General Mills they produced a product that caused health issues.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

i guess if one keeps digging we would all be sued for atleast hurt feelings.....ahahahahahahahahahahaha dont know man,,,,they have been spraying pesticides on crops for years,,,,,we all seem to be here alive n well......bob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Let’s not forget that since glyphosate went off patent years ago many many companies make and sell products with glyphosate in them so I don’t see how Monsanto can be the only ones held responsible. Remember the ‘08 olympics in Beijing? The reason roundup went through the roof in price was because all of the generic Chinese stuff was put on hold so the olympians could breathe for preolympic training as well as the olympics. 

I'm confused now by your talk about Monsanto. I said the maker of Cheerios cereal, General Mills, was responsible (for the product they produce, i.e. ensuring it doesn't contain impurities like.....poison). I never mentioned Monsanto.

On another note, the formula for Roundup (weed killer) must have been changed because many long-time users have been reporting in recent years that the performance is noticeably down from what it used to be (not the price, just the result). I've observed it myself.

think thats mainly because they step on alotta products with fillers to make more money,,plus we,ve got an earth friendly issue...they need to leave out half the ingrediants ,then the product doesnt work as well anymore  ....noticed that with alotta products thru the years..bob

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I'm confused now by your talk about Monsanto. I said the maker of Cheerios cereal, General Mills, was responsible (for the product they produce, i.e. ensuring it doesn't contain impurities like.....poison). I never mentioned Monsanto.

On another note, the formula for Roundup (weed killer) must have been changed because many long-time users have been reporting in recent years that the performance is noticeably down from what it used to be (not the price, just the result). I've observed it myself.

General Mills doesn’t produce wheat they buy it from farmers who are the people that put glyphosate (roundup) on the wheat. We are starting to see lots of weeds that are becoming resistant to glyphosate because farmers are cutting corners and under applying glyphosate to save a buck. It’s just like inoculating people with small pox. Give em just enough so they can build up antibodies and become immune to it. Same concept with roundup and plants. I don’t see how the cereal companies are liable for buying what is supposed to be food that is compliant with usda standards from the farmers. Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

General Mills doesn’t produce wheat they buy it from farmers who are the people that put glyphosate (roundup) on the wheat. We are starting to see lots of weeds that are becoming resistant to glyphosate because farmers are cutting corners and under applying glyphosate to save a buck. It’s just like inoculating people with small pox. Give em just enough so they can build up antibodies and become immune to it. Same concept with roundup and plants. I don’t see how the cereal companies are liable for buying what is supposed to be food that is compliant with usda standards from the farmers. Just my opinion though. 

Cereal manufacturers have a responsibility to check the quality of the ingredients they buy.........quality control.

Every car and truckmaker performs quality checks on what their suppliers provide. It's an essential part of manufacturing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

You're correct, the USDA is required to check flour and grains for human consumption for filth, chemicals and/or other contaminants , in transport and storage prior to milling to flours and packaging.  Than the USDA rechecks the milled product  before processing to the final product.All in the USDA inspection guides from seed to finished product.  https://www.fda.gov/ICECI/Inspections/InspectionGuides/ucm092167.htm

Kind of costly and not saying much for the USDA to have to double check their people whom over see issues along these lines.. 

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

12 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Cereal manufacturers have a responsibility to check the quality of the ingredients they buy.........quality control.

Every car and truckmaker performs quality checks on what their suppliers provide. It's an essential part of manufacturing.

So the usda who oversees and oks products like Monsanto’s Roundup and every single other chemical that we apply to crops should not be held accountable for contaminated wheat? If General Mills has this problem I can 100% guarantee you every product that contains wheat that isn’t organic has this problem. So it seems short sighted to blame the cereal companies for buying a USDA approved product that supposedly is contaminated with a USDA approved chemical. 

3 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

So the usda who oversees and oks products like Monsanto’s Roundup and every single other chemical that we apply to crops should not be held accountable for contaminated wheat? If General Mills has this problem I can 100% guarantee you every product that contains wheat that isn’t organic has this problem. So it seems short sighted to blame the cereal companies for buying a USDA approved product that supposedly is contaminated with a USDA approved chemical. 

Hold on, I didn't say the USDA was or wasn't accountable for anything. I never mentioned the USDA.

That said, a manufacturer is responsible (accountable) for what it sells.

4 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Hold on, I didn't say the USDA was or wasn't accountable for anything. I never mentioned the USDA.

That said, a manufacturer is responsible (accountable) for what it sells.

I don’t want this to seem like a petty argument but I think you’re not seeing my point. going by your reasoning “the manufacturer is responsible (accountable) for what it sells” would that not make farmers who are growing wheat and selling it as food accountable for what they sell as well? They are the ones applying chemicals to it not General Mills. 

On August 18, 2018 at 11:24 PM, Hobert62 said:

Mmm...      cap'n crunch haven't had that for awhile.   Think I'm going to have to grab a box of that.  

image.thumb.jpg.d138eb1f096c5873a4c9fe8b0f999381.jpg

Well I finally did it.   I ran. Into one of my stores last night and grabbed a box.  As I type this I'm eating  my first bowl in years.     It's just like I remember,  it still make the top of my mouth sore, and is quite sweet.    Its prob. been 20 since I've had it, and wouldn't surprise me if its another 20 until I have it again.  

Edited by Hobert62
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

This is What of one of Australia's biggest grain Storage & handling (Elevator) Companies.Has done in the Wake of Monsanto Court case.

https://www.theland.com.au/story/5598720/farmer-uproar-over-cbh-decision/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

This is What of one of Australia's biggest grain Storage & handling (Elevator) Companies.Has done in the Wake of Monsanto Court case.

https://www.theland.com.au/story/5598720/farmer-uproar-over-cbh-decision/

And that's the other twist....money. Farmers are desiccating their crops with Roundup to get it to ripen before cold weather arrives. That was never the original intent of this herbicide (poison).