Trip up to New Hampshire

Took a trip to NH from Ct. I 395/ 290 to Durham NH and back. 7 hours of road time. I didn't see one Anthem. This area along with eastern Mass used to be loaded with Mack CH's pulling dump trailers, tankers etc. Not so much any more. Peterbilts have pretty much ko'd the CH and everything else. Quite a few Western Stars and KW's. Almost no Granites pulling trailers. A decked out CH is about the best looking truck on the road. I think they might regain there dominance in the RI- Boston- NH- Maine area if a Cummins option was offered for the MP engines and there injector issues. Noticed that Severino is now buying Western Stars for their newest dumps(long time Mack user). Also noticed long time Mack user Continental paving is buying new KW T 800's. Not looking good for former Mack country.

Edited by james j neiweem

Funny you bring this up. Last week I was on vacation at the coastv,new Hampshire and maine ,I traveled on 95  a few times saw 3 anthems 2 were Sisco food service and one nice Canadian flatbed hauler all decked out looked cool going up 95

I've seen 6 ,saw one they look better on the road than in pics , also I did see quite a few continental paving granites. But yeah seems like every construction company is buying t880 now . One smaller outfit around me that had ran RD'S for the last 20 years bought 880s to replace some of the old macks but I did see a new granite the other day in their fleet .

• Like 1

same here in Chicago-land. All the major fleets but one has gone to paccar. even some of the little companys that ran Macks for years have gone to KW or Pete.  I still see a few new Macks here and there but they are just owner operators. Mack has given up its once dominant market share around here. I guess thats what happens when you dont listen to die hard Mack owners and instead push out a truck with limited options that few people want. Its a shame to watch a once proud American icon slowly being turned into a ghost. I wonder how much longer Volvo will put this show on. 

Saw my first Anthem this morning pulling a lowboy with a load of paving equipment on a new looking Rodgers trailer . Truck was white with an aluminum chain box behind the cab. And it looked pretty god ,as for the mirrors they were better than the rolloff truck be hind it who had those school bus trye pod mirrors on the front fenders  .Oh and it was in Fairfax Va

• 3 weeks later...

I saw my first Anthem yesterday, it was from Market Basket Supermarkets, a chain in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and moving into Maine. It has had a fleet of Pinnacles for a few years. I've seen a few

trucking fleets moving from Mack to other brands, A. Duie Pyle to Freightliners, R & L Carriers to Peterbilts and IHC, Continental Paving to Kenworths, etc. To be fair Continental over the years has used other brands like

Volvo, IHC, among others; it probably isn't completely through with Mack. One place where Mack is making a comeback in New Hampshire is fire department tanker chassis. After years of departments moving

to IHC, Peterbilt, etc. there are several new Macks around: Windham Tanker 2, 2017 Granite/Rosenbauer, 1500/3000; Rochester Engine 7, 2017 Granite/Toyne, 1500/3000; Dublin Tanker 1, 2017 Granite/KME, 1500/3500;

Peterborough Tanker 1, 2015 Granite/KME, 1250/2500; Fitzwilliam Tanker 1, 2008 Granite/Ferrara, 750/2500. It's a start.

bulldogboy