Spec'ing a NEW MACK!! (Volmac)

all great info!! and thanx read each post and some great funny posts (cough cough..

I have an Allison 6 sp 4500 now its "ok" mayby not tuned right as I always have to fight to hold it still applying 15 -20 lbs on brakes and have to stand on them to get them to stop loaded on steep downhills. The engina just "pulls" against it all the time. 

the new one I test drove felt more natural. 

The Cummins X15 and X 12 are new designs the x15 come in "performance" with black nuts and bolts and "economy" with silver nuts and bolts (and also has lots of problems and a couple recalls already but Performance is solid so far....

also considering a KW T880  whatever way, it will have an allison!  the post about disc brakes has me SERIOUSLY reconsidering. same with the m8 motor. I f*cking love gauges!!  more the better.. i USED to have 3 42" SCREENS IN MY OLD FREIGHTSHAKER research truck...  see below..:) this is only one... 

11816100_10204773773005456_5841407570755068675_o.jpg

The MP8 and MP7 powered Granites of todayvthat are Allison equipped work together with the converter lock up and engine brakes to really slow the trucks down much better then the Etech engine days. The programed downshifting while braking with engine brakes on is surprisingly powerful. Our current customers are impressed with the setup.