If all the O Rings were missing as in put in without them, how much do you think the oil will rise on the dipstick in say 1000 miles.  I overhauled the engine and was not there the day my helper put the pumps in. They were all there in a box cleaned up minus O Rings. He said he installed them. After 1000 miles I picked up 1/16" of oil on the dipstick. I figure with the square inches of the oil pan a 1/16  has to be at least a quart. OPINIONS PLEASE

Thanks Oh E7 460 2000 yr.

If he installed all EUP's without o-rings the engine would not start and would be full of fuel in no time. Plus, fuel would be running all over the right side of the block. I don't think I would be worrying about a 1/16" of an inch since so many things could affect oil level. Now 1/4" + in 1,000 miles--- maybe then I'd worry. 

Do an oil sample and test fuel content. If you have fuel, viscosity drop,  pull EUPs and install the special application triangle cut ring. Mack had some seepage issues so they made a seal kit to help remedy light leaks at EUP bores. 

If it was me I would start with asking your helper if he install the o/rings.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think he can have no rings installed.

My wild guess is 4-5 minutes, full RPM, without any o-rings, would fill the crankcase to fill tube inlet, if engine would even run with that amount of pressure drop. 

34 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

I don’t think he can have no rings installed.

My wild guess is 4-5 minutes, full RPM, without any o-rings, would fill the crankcase to fill tube inlet, if engine would even run with that amount of pressure drop. 

Mack Tech is correct in my opinion ! how ever  It is possible he could have nicked an oring but with even one missing I believe the engine would be fuel of fuel in short order if it would run at all .

This also may be unrelated to the oring job ,the fuel transfer pump seals can leak past the shaft ( its not uncommon !)

Thanks Guys Im due for an oil change soon. I will check more after that. Thanks again im relieved.

i agree that i don't think it would even run with the o rings missing. 

i would mark a place on the ground to check the oil. drive it a while and park it in the EXACT spot. wait the same amount of time after shutting off the engine to check as well. but very slight grade differences can move the level on the dipstick 1/16th of a inch very easily. i used to drive myself nuts with that kind of stuff when i first bought my first truck. 

pull a oil sample and send it in for analysis. that will tell you conclusively if there is any fuel contamination. cat sos or Blackstone labs. 

Sent one out on Mon.  Thanks  Maybe on a fresh rebuild some fuel is getting past the rings.?