An antique with some antiques

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

did it do a full pull ?

Yes!   3.    I pulled the first time with 4 diesel pickups (3 dodges & 1 ford) & beat them.  It was a 8,000 pound class so I didn't count against them at all (I'm 12,000).    Nobody was really sure how I would do compared to them being 4wd and a lot more power.     Then they kept making small adjustments on the sled and I got 2 more.   Then the 4th hook they stopped me at about 100'.   I know who the people are that run the pulls, and they wanted me to do good because the like the truck.  Otherwise they could have stopped me right away.  

Thanks, The hitch started out as the trailer tongue from a leaf vac I got for parts to build my new dump trl.    image.thumb.jpg.8dca9e2e544469fd7f855696a00aeb31.jpg  The show is  one of the nicest around.   It's not the biggest by far but everyone is laid back and there for a good time.     The club is the Gratz area antique machinery    association.   In Gratz, Pa

Sounds good!

When I pulled mine a few years back, I could really get into it........but I can't see hurting something that has to pull my race car trailer!  I'd like to see how the 237 does now compared to the ol 673.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks.   

I know what your saying Larry.     That's why I won't pull my pickup.   If the mack breaks oh well, I'll fix it.   If my pickup breaks I'll cry, it's to expensive to fix.   

It keeps raining here.   I think we are close to 12" since Saturday morning.   

1 minute ago, Freightrain said:

Sounds really good with those big pipes.

Thanks,

The stacks make it sound good.   Everyone always asks what motors in it.  I get almost no exhaust sound in the cab, prob because they are frame mounted.   I do get a lot of engine noise coming through the firewall and dog house though. 

My race got called for rain last Sat.  Only problem, we didn't get any all weekend.  They got some at the track Sat morning and with the radar showing scattered t/storms they just said "no way".  It was blue skies all weekend.  

With your motor sitting back even farther then mine, I'm sure it is worse then mine was before I put dynamat on the firewall(when I changed engines).  Though I do have dynamat, 1" jute, rubber mat, and carpet on the floor to help with overall noise, it was engine noise through the firewall that was the worst.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"