Sign in to follow this  
j hancock

1927 Pierce-Arrow XB Dump Truck

Neat truck. I’ve never heard of that brand before. 

I have a picture somewhere of one of those that colonial sand and stone had back in the 20s I think it's an Internet picture if you look up colonial sand and stone that shows you a couple of those Pierce arrow trucks unloading bags of cement and sand and stone that they were mixing concrete by hand back in the 20s

12 hours ago, bullhusk said:

I have a picture somewhere of one of those that colonial sand and stone had back in the 20s I think it's an Internet picture if you look up colonial sand and stone that shows you a couple of those Pierce arrow trucks unloading bags of cement and sand and stone that they were mixing concrete by hand back in the 20s

Hello Ernie.  Glad you stopped by to visit.  I will do a search and see what shows up for pictures.  Now or then, Pierce-Arrow Trucks are few and far between.

sure are!! even the Pierce Arrow cars are getting to be rarer than hens teeth these days.

Made in Buffalo New York, I believe.  There is a really rough original cab and chassis for sale near me.  He wants $2000 for it and engine is stuck.  Actually there is no cab.  

If you Google colonial sand and stone Pierce arrow trucks when the trucks come up hit images and you'll see a picture of a colonial dump truck dumping into a on-site mixer! I tried to get it onto this site but I just don't know how to do it maybe one of you guys can do it and you'll see the Pierce arrow

Finally had a chance to search and found the same pictures as Hobart posted.

Certainly gives an interesting view of the rough and tumble world of contracting in days past.

I think this is one of the same.  And I believe it ran when parked. Buff it out, add fresh fuel, should be good to go...

0000.jpg

Edited by grayhair

Better bring the power buffer!

Jerome?