Actually I have several choices of Cummins power and several gear boxes, so at this point I'm not really sure. Really just a small cam 350 would be plenty for a garage queen

Truck Shop.

927 ci na super 250 drilled for oil cooled pistons  ????   makes lots of noise and pulls goooood  :)

• Like 1

good choice      good price

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Made my decision today on power plant, rear drives and gear box. Bought a 81 Freightliner for way less than scrap price with a running BCII 350, 10 spd and 3.70 ratio SQHD's for $500.00 bucks 

It's too bad because the cab is in pretty nice condition but it will go for aluminum scrap. Plus the engine bell is right hand starter which helps make room for the power steering box. There are 

lots of other parts I can use also.

Truck Shop 

$500? Good deal!!

• Like 1

now that's what I call a rebuild!!    terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

Like wow man you’ve got more ambition than me...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Soda blaster cleaned up real nice and everything went to the body shop. The doors were in great condition and the cab was also but there will be several hours welding the drilled holes shut in the cab.

The radiator core is in great condition only two tubes had small amounts of crud in them. I would post photos but for some reason there is no place to do it.  Apparently I reached my max on images

now I just have to figure out how to manage attachments to free up space it says. 

Edited by Truck Shop

Yes! We need pictures! Lol

• Like 1

I deleted photos in my old threads still won't let me post any photos. So If you want to see any progress photos go to my thread under {Old Iron} 1960 B75 on Heavy Equipment Forums. I'm tired of fiddling around here

trying to post photos. Sorry.

Truck Shop  

• Like 1

Read your post over there and like your game plan.  Can't wait to see it progress.      

2 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

I deleted photos in my old threads still won't let me post any photos. So If you want to see any progress photos go to my thread under {Old Iron} 1960 B75 on Heavy Equipment Forums. I'm tired of fiddling around here

trying to post photos. Sorry.

Truck Shop  

done    i`m  there slightly diff. name

What did u do for the electric wipers?    It on my list to do.

I read you post on the other forum I found what you used.   Looks like it will be a nice fit.    If your raising the roof and replacing the back of the cab  I'd add. 3" to the length of the cab right away too.   

Edited by Hobert62

Everything looks Great!

Nice to have a cab that isn't beat to death.

• Like 1