Im having trouble picturing the finished colour at this stage

Looks like a great job and huge amount of has gone into the cab so far 

Am really enjoying watching this build 

Paul 

The color has a bluish/purple tint in direct sunlight, the camera didn't show that very well. I had him weld the holes for the grab handles and markers plus some other holes shut. I think I'm going to install 7 torpedo

marker lights on the roof. The stacks have their own mounts and are also going to be bolted to the headache rack I'm building. I didn't want the stacks mounted on the cab, the cab is old and did not want the extra

stress on the corners. The stacks are 6"x 5" x 108" miter cut and there heavy. 

Thanks for the interest and reply's everyone.

Edited by Truck Shop
  • Like 1

It’s beautiful;  I thought it had the purple color but my eyes aren’t real good anymore. 

• Like 1

Fine looking ride there!    terry👍:MackLogo:

3 minutes ago, Bobby Covert said:

I don’t have your skill, but I still enjoy the pictures and the tech talk

51299EEF-1C23-444A-B8FC-383580BECD75.jpeg

I don't have his time!!! 2 babies, a truck and concrete mixer (volumetric mixer, not drum mixer) to rebuild, and my Dodge pickup I'm repairing major body rust on then painting, which I need to finish before the snow season. And my wife and I are house hunting. All on top of my usual job, delivering concrete.

• Like 1

Well I can see the purple now 

Looks good to me,sure is some decent size chimneys you got going on there 

Great stuff and thanks for sharing 

Paul 

• Like 1

Ok I feel like a dummy but I’m going to ask anyway.  Are the exhaust pipes oval? Is that where you’re getting the 5”x6” you stated above?  Obviously unless you’re looking from above an oval would be hard to differentiate from a pipe (circle) in those pictures. As usual great work. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

Ok I feel like a dummy but I’m going to ask anyway.  Are the exhaust pipes oval? Is that where you’re getting the 5”x6” you stated above?  Obviously unless you’re looking from above an oval would be hard to differentiate from a pipe (circle) in those pictures. As usual great work. 

I think he means 5" pipes at the bottom, feeding into 6" stacks.

• Like 1

good buy. any more around?

The cab is purple with blue tone on my screen. Ans what is more important it looks very shiny and nice :thumb:

• Like 1

With the tin foil insulation, which is something I am planning on doing to my old R model very shortly 

Are you nconcerned about if a wire breaks off and then shorting out thru the tin foil and setting the insulation on fire 

I was thinking putting some thickish plastic sheet under the terminal strips etc to prevent this 

Am I been over cautious???

Can see the purple much better in these photos, great stuff and thanks for sharing 

Paul 

Excellent work!

I'd be sorely tempted to do engine turning on the dash panel!   Paul

• Like 1