Wow ground up restoration lotta work....god love ya .....great work....thanks for sharing...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual it looks excellent

• Like 1

Rad looks fantastic!!

When you do the hood stretch take lots of photos. I'm kicking around doing and MP8 / M-Drive in my mixer since I just acquired a 2015 theft recovery for the drive train..

• Like 1

I cant believe I have missed this until now

Great stuff and thanks for sharing

Paul 

Truck shop- are you planning on doing the hood stretch yourself? I’m just curious so why I’m asking. I’ve always enjoyed metal fabrication and I’m looking forward to seeing the work no matter who does it. 

just wondering why you would need a hood stretch on a B75?    terry:MackLogo:

A friend of mine has extended a 379 pete about ten inches and I say why and he replied because I never had one before and no one else has one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truck Shop said:

A friend owns a machine shop fabrication business, I have free run on the equipment. He has two sheet metal rollers and when it comes time for the hood I will help him form it.

Well for one it's getting a BCII 400 for power so extra room to fire wall is nice. And it is getting outside frame power steering located to the rear, need room for that. But the main reason is {as far as I know} no one

has ever built a long hood B 75 or 73. I never follow what everyone else is doing, the whole truck will be custom built and a bunch of one of a kind custom parts and pieces. I want a one of a kind Mack B 75. I get

tired of going to shows with the same ole stuff. It's my last build of anything for the rest of my years. Back in the 80's I built a custom CJ3B, took forever to get it licenced. Because I built the frame and bought

a new Philippine steel body. After it was all legal the state of Washington sent me a letter that I was to cease and desist all vehicle manufacturing. Well as you can see that went in one ear and out the other.    

Should be a real interesting build!!👍👍    terry:MackLogo:

Posted (edited)

Come to think of it there was a light blue B-75 tandem at the 2019 ATHA show in Reno. I had to take a double look to see what it was. It had a stretched hood maybe 10-12 inches. There was a highly modified B-61 single axle next to it in the same colors. with air ducking and louvers. I will have to take a look in the ShowTime to see both again. I did not take any photos of it or know what power was under ether hood.

Anything is possible producing a vehicle. I do admirer your work and creativity. As long as it is fun and what you want, just make it happen. Rock-On! :mack1: 

Edited by AZB755V8
  • Like 1

TS, the radiator looks AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

👍👍👍   terry:MackLogo:

why does it appear that the motor is sitting at an angle?

that is a pigment of you imagrination. 

it looks like the ground is dipping down to the right.

to my eye  it looks like the right frame rail is lower than the left frame rail 

Actually the frame is all new steel and straight as a pin. It's all built on Freightliner COE dimensions and engine mounts, the engine is setting at the standard 4* for Freightliner mounts.

• Like 1

Nice work. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Looking very tidy!

• Like 1

going to be to nice to drive!!👍👍👍   terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

I like it and are you going to use a cable pull clutch or linkage?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

I like it and are you going to use a cable pull clutch or linkage?

Your the only one to ask that question and it's a damn good one. More than likely {linkage} but I will cross that bridge when I get closer to installing the cab. I have several Ideas and types to think about, just the stuff in the mix.