12 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Yeah that's for two rails and you are correct 80,000 lb tensile strength. I had to replace a rail on a 379 Pete 17 years ago, one 3/8 blank rail was $3,800 from PacCar.

Truck Shop 

I know you are a long way from Vt. but you might want a comparable price from P G Adams.  pgadams.com     Give them the vin and they pre drill and everything fits!

13 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Yeah that's for two rails and you are correct 80,000 lb tensile strength. I had to replace a rail on a 379 Pete 17 years ago, one 3/8 blank rail was $3,800 from PacCar.

Truck Shop 

Is this with the flair out up front where the frame spreads out for the engine?     terry:MackLogo:

2 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

No This frame is all Freightliner dimensions. Rail width is 33 1/2 front to back, have already figured out all the cab and radiator mounts.

It will have outside frame power steering. Only thing on this truck that will be Mack is the cab, fenders and sheet metal. The hood will

be extended 14 inches which will give it 14 inches between firewall and back of engine. And yes I'm not restoring  a truck but rather

I'm building one, and one of a kind. Adams can't beat that price on rails.

Truck shop 

👍👍👍:MackLogo:  Sounds like a definite plan!! Should be quite the truck!!

Edited by terry
  • Like 1

Man, those rails look great!

Fantastic!

I wish I could purchase a pair of new rails for my R-model paying 2 or 3K. Those have spread and get lower to the front. My deal is restoring so staight rails wouldn't work. PG Adams didn't treat me much showing no possibility to bend a rail for the spread. Although they were so honest shipping me a 4" sample of what my rail would be if I weld straight channels to my front end the bend radius they can do for 1/4 rails didn't match my frame. So no solution so far.

Your project makes my mooth water. It's not my cup of tea to build a custom truck since I prefere stock but the way it gets together looks very promising.