lookin' good!!     terry:MackLogo:👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truck Shop said:

Cummins beige is kind of like chevy orange or ford blue, a fellow can only stand so much of that.

Truck Shop

GM went to a light blue in I think 77. Then to black a think in mid 80’s. But I still like the orange. Made a living working on alpine green; never did figure where that color came from 

Looks Great!

Making some good progress.

• Like 1

That is a sharp-looking motor. What does the button do...limit the fuel pressure?

• Like 1

The technical aspect of a diesel pump is way beyond my pay grade!  Fascinates the hell out of me how they got that all to work so many years ago.

• Like 1

Truck shop.    Great video.  I alway remember dad, and the guys in the garages drilling out the ball from the end of the throttle shaft to turn a screw.   Now I see what they where doing.      Thanks.  

• Like 1

Are the headlight panels aluminum? That is going to look fantastic when the truck is back together.

• Like 1

Removed the SQHD 3.70 ratio drives that I will use from the housings. Which are in pretty good condition, other than setting the preload on side bearings just a fraction on the rear drive.

Clean and replace seals will be about it. Main reason for disassembly of the front power divider was to check the nut on the pinion drive gear, It's tight and staked.

Truck Shop

001 (5).JPG

002 (5).JPG

003 (5).JPG

004 (5).JPG

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, Truck Shop said:

Removed the SQHD 3.70 ratio drives that I will use from the housings. Which are in pretty good condition, other than setting the preload on side bearings just a fraction on the rear drive.

Clean and replace seals will be about it. Main reason for disassembly of the front power divider was to check the nut on the pinion drive gear, It's tight and staked.

Truck Shop                               

A question - what are you going to do with the original Mack carriers? And which ratio are they? I spent a bunch of time locating a pair of old Mack diffs off a L or B model to use gears for my project. Currently I got the deal done. But would like to keep in mind an extra possible option.

Those rear drives I traded out to a friend as basic scrap {no one around here is interested in them}. But If you are interested he will probably sell them pretty cheap. I think the ratio was 6.30 something

could be wrong on that. I wasn't planing on using them so I really never looked.

Truck Shop

On 10/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, Truck Shop said:

Those rear drives I traded out to a friend as basic scrap {no one around here is interested in them}. But If you are interested he will probably sell them pretty cheap. I think the ratio was 6.30 something could be wrong on that. I wasn't planing on using them so I really never looked.

Truck Shop

Currently I resolved my need which was found quite difficult to. In the end I get 6.34 - very good relating to original 9.02's. Those you have, better to say your friend - I have no ready solution to import from West Coast. Seems too expensive to ship coast to coast, especially having no real need. I hope your friend is going to store them, not scrapping. Just would like to keep them in my mind.

Some kind of up date on progress, I have all the suspension brackets, steer axle, springs and parts and pieces rebushed and painted. Plus new crossmembers built and pre-painted.

Next big item is ordering two new 30' frame rails which I will set-up and mag drill them pre-paint the insides. With having all the running gear done ready to go it won't take to long to assemble. I will post some photos when I have axles under it.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

Sounds like a brand new truck!!       terry👍👍👍:MackLogo:

• Like 1

Got my quote on frame rails today from HW Metals Portland Ore. For two  3.25" X 10" X 3.25 X 30'-5/16 grade 80 material formed $2,200.00. Very good price.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

If that is for two rails that is a good price.Grade 80 is what, is that 80000 yield?

• Like 1

Yeah that's for two rails and you are correct 80,000 lb tensile strength. I had to replace a rail on a 379 Pete 17 years ago, one 3/8 blank rail was $3,800 from PacCar.

Truck Shop