j hancock

1970 Marmon COE

Oh I thought he was trying to figure out how to put a Detroit in the FWD. 

pretty sure I saw one getting on 95 headed N the other day

There's a few I see in the central pa area from time to time.     My dad said when ordering one there was an option to have every bolt coated with never seize.   

• Like 1

I jave only ever seen bonnetted (conventional for yanks) ones out here 

Read the other day  only 33 made it out here in total so the fact I see any at all is amazing 

Paul 

Sorry to all you Marmon fans, but that is one of the ugliest trucks ever built.

• Like 1

Did they build they're own cabins, or is it from another manufacturer? Looks familiar but I'm not sure. 

I don't know if the built their own or not, but when you start looking at one you can pick out a lot of similarities with other brands.    The same with their conventionals.   

Weren't they made in Utah by the mormins? I was told that when I was working on a guys cabover back in the 70's

• Haha 1

no there is one uglier than that and that's the DIAMOND T COE.It is butt ugly,even the interior

Years ago, Marmon wanted me to be a distributor and showed me an interesting promotional film including their plant. I wish that I had a copy to share with everyone now.

• Like 1

Oof that is an ugly truck. A farmer has a later model conventional model in my area and it looks good. A lot like a. W900 or. 379 in a lot of ways. 

On 7/6/2018 at 8:42 AM, MHfred said:

This is further proof that Marmon owned only a square and has my vote for "Ugliest Ever". It was owned by Buddy Sombart and I do not know where it went after his death.

Didn't waste a lot of money on "design" or "style"!

1 hour ago, h67st said:

Didn't waste a lot of money on "design" or "style"!

Like Pacific and Hayes.

But think about when you crawl up to change those wiperblades on that "ugly front end" it would be like setting on a nice comfy bench with foot rests!