1970 Marmon COE

j hancock

14 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I hope that you're able to store your truck indoors Paul.

Never been stored in doors in it's 29 years, but is washed top to bottom and under carriage too after every trip, waxed at least 3 times a year. I do want to re paint it over the winter now that I have an 80 by 100 shop almost finished.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, kscarbel2 said:

The Powerliner......one of my favorite COEs. And again, in a certain sense, it doesn't look particularly old.

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

12V71, KTA, or 3408. OH YEAAA!!    

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, 85westernstar said:

Tell me more about your marmon, I’d love to know the story. 

The truck was bought new by my grand parents to haul potatos from our farm in Riverhead N.Y. I went with granddad to Denton to pick up up from the factory in early 1989. Got to be the first to drive it. I bought it from their estate in 2001 when they died. It hauled my trucks and occasionally Granite from New Hampshire and Maine.  Moved most of my equipment to Virginia with it, hauls my race car and except for last 2 years goes to Texas for the Marmon Home Coming.  400 big Cam ,18 speed R.R. Aside from up grading the air cleaners and redoing the interior in leather it is original  right down to the paint. Usually it is garaged and only saw snow 3 times in 30 years. To date 370,000 + a bit on it . It does need a few things like a new chrome plating on the bumper and the aluminum re polished and some lug covers. 

My 93 is apart to be re painted and the parts truck is going to be refurbished as a worker.

Wanted a Marmon since I saw one in 1969.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The truck was bought new by my grand parents to haul potatos from our farm in Riverhead N.Y. I went with granddad to Denton to pick up up from the factory in early 1989. Got to be the first to drive it. I bought it from their estate in 2001 when they died. It hauled my trucks and occasionally Granite from New Hampshire and Maine.  Moved most of my equipment to Virginia with it, hauls my race car and except for last 2 years goes to Texas for the Marmon Home Coming.  400 big Cam ,18 speed R.R. Aside from up grading the air cleaners and redoing the interior in leather it is original  right down to the paint. Usually it is garaged and only saw snow 3 times in 30 years. To date 370,000 + a bit on it . It does need a few things like a new chrome plating on the bumper and the aluminum re polished and some lug covers. 

My 93 is apart to be re painted and the parts truck is going to be refurbished as a worker.

Wanted a Marmon since I saw one in 1969.

Not sure if you are confused, the marmon you claimed is yours with a 400 Cummins and a 18 speed has a cat in it, the truck was bought new by a Moving company from the Marmon Dealer in Bellport NY.  Maybe you posted a wrong picture with the caption. 

47 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well what ever is going on it appears that there is confusion 

Maybe two trucks left were ordered for the same customer and the customer couldn't take delivery

Paul

Not sure what you mean by that, the truck he posted saying was his has the same plate number,  so I’m just curious to see if he attached the wrong image to his caption. As I’m from Long Island and would like to see if I remember his Marmon being around 

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

ya ever think that maybe YOU incorrectly identified HIS truck? seeing as he is also from long island?

Just was curious that’s all, I am 110% sure I didn’t incorrectly identify his truck. Because the truck he posted claiming was his with a 400 Cummins and a 18 speed has had a cat in it since new, it was bought new from Long Island Marmon in bellport NY. By a moving and storage company. There’s no mistaking it. 

22 hours ago, 85westernstar said:

Just was curious that’s all, I am 110% sure I didn’t incorrectly identify his truck. Because the truck he posted claiming was his with a 400 Cummins and a 18 speed has had a cat in it since new, it was bought new from Long Island Marmon in bellport NY. By a moving and storage company. There’s no mistaking it. 

You did not miss ID the truck, my pics that were transferred to another hosting service has /had issues.  I made an error and didn't catch it which apparently is a major crime here.  I only learned of that other Marmon when my son took that photo of it on Main Road about 2006 when he asked me why my truck was at the run down store . It is the twin of mine less the interior and lettering. It  also matches the one that Allie Lizza had at his asphalt plant in Glen Cove so there were 3  close matches on L.I..  Since it seems to be a major issue I had the moderator delete the offending photos and when I return home around Thanksgiving I'll take a few pics of mine with a large dated card on it so there is no question, unless you have a specific way you want proof of it.  . you tell me what you need. I posting the wrong photo with the caption.

As for you never seeing it on L.I in the past 30 years, a side from being parked on the remains of the farm off Roanoke Rd for years it has been in Virginia mostly since 2013.  It has been at the LI Power Association show at Hallock Farm in 2007 and 2008 The ATHS show in 2007 at Brookhaven Airport with Allie Lizza's truck and in Pete Horan's O.B. Sand Touch a Truck event last year. 

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

33 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

You did not miss ID the truck, my pics that were transferred to another hosting service has /had issues.  I made an error and didn't catch it which apparently is a major crime here.  I only learned of that other Marmon when my son took that photo of it on Main Road about 2006 when he asked me why my truck was at the run down store . It is the twin of mine less the interior and lettering. It  also matches the one that Allie Lizza had at his asphalt plant in Glen Cove so there were 3  close matches on L.I..  Since it seems to be a major issue I had the moderator delete the offending photos and when I return home around Thanksgiving I'll take a few pics of mine with a large dated card on it so there is no question, unless you have a specific way you want proof of it.  . you tell me what you need. I posting the wrong photo with the caption.

As for you never seeing it on L.I in the past 30 years, a side from being parked on the remains of the farm off Roanoke Rd for years it has been in Virginia mostly since 2013.  It has been at the LI Power Association show at Hallock Farm in 2007 and 2008 The ATHS show in 2007 at Brookhaven Airport with Allie Lizza's truck and in Pete Horan's O.B. Sand Touch a Truck event last year. 

I’m sorry I even mentioned it. I’m surprised I don’t recall the Marmon in the plant as my dads shop was on Morris avenue, spent a lot of time down by the Glen cove  incinerator/transfer station. Do you have pictures of the Lizza truck I’d love to see that 1, Glen cove was a sweet spot for old trucks when I was a kid. Can’t beleive I don’t remember the Marmon. Wish I carried a camera around more when I was a kid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 85westernstar said:

I’m sorry I even mentioned it. I’m surprised I don’t recall the Marmon in the plant as my dads shop was on Morris avenue, spent a lot of time down by the Glen cove  incinerator/transfer station. Do you have pictures of the Lizza truck I’d love to see that 1, Glen cove was a sweet spot for old trucks when I was a kid. Can’t beleive I don’t remember the Marmon. Wish I carried a camera around more when I was a kid. 

You and me both...I think back to all the cool old trucks I saw and would really like to have a photo of them now. Back then you actually had to buy film and pay to have it processed. These phones and computers are just too nice.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, 85westernstar said:

Forget about it is not worth it and both of us got off badly and I tend to be a hot head when I'm fighting weather like I am in Maine right now. I grew up in Oyster Bay my uncle had Les's Auto Body about half was down on the right. The build low rent crap there. My  wifes uncle was Tommy Trotta  had the junk yard and Carmine had the little Texaco across from Tayler Motors next to Sorinsons Lumber. In the early 1980s  we had the motorcycle shop on Forest ave caddy corner from Pace. Garage Probably know each other by sight.

Allie Lizza's Marmon was in Glen Cove and their Mount Hope plant. My wife had some pics of both the Marmons together at Brookhaven Airport show I'll have to search for them ,can't ask her she died a few years ago.

There was always a bunch of neat oldies on Morris  ave  as I recall on the left at an old truck equipment yard and more goodies on the other side of the creek in the boat yards. Haven't been their in years. Tommy Malloy in Glen Head by the station had a few Mack Contour cabs  but the Town made him get ride of them.

Bet we know each other some what.      Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE