bran1har

Stemco Hub oil cap?

Posted (edited)

Im wondering if anyone has any information on this. Ive had a hard time finding the hub cap that I need for the front axle on my 1979 Mack U model single axle dump. I just bought it, going through everything. I cant for the life of me find a part number on the cap itself or find the right one anywhere on the internet. I took a couple measurements with tape measure from the outside, never actually unbolted it, bolt circle: 6'', 6 bolts, 5/16 hardware, overall diameter of whole cap is 6 1/2'', id of flange: 4'', overall height of whole thing about 1 3/4''. I found this one (https://www.finditparts.com/products/454233/stemco-340-4059) seemed to be closest, if the only 6'' bolt circle one anywhere on the internet, but the flange measurements seemed a bit different. Anyone got any insight, greatly appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

Edited by bran1har
forgot something

as i read the first part i was thinking the same thing on the window kit. probably a lot easier 

I believe you'll find that you have a Stemco 343-4025.

• Like 1

hum didn't think of that. 

i have a couple different parts guys i normally take that kind of odd ball stuff too and they will pull out the paper parts books and normally find what i need. 

If 343-4025, Check Ebay,  $34.95 with free shipping.