In search of an aerialscope

Dilbert120

Hi all, 

New to the forum and I'm looking for a CF-600 Aerialscope, preferably in the SE region, though I can arrange for shipping. Projects are fine since this will be for a private collection and not department use. I've searched on google and criagslist and found a couple but they are generally over budget ($20K+....one was listed for 50K!). Fair market value for what I'm looking for seems to be under 10K, but correct me if I'm wrong. My biggest concerns in terms of condition are rust and engine issues. Not too concerned about ladder function since I wouldn't plan on putting the bucket up much (if at all). 

Thanks!   

You will find that the ones priced below 10K are privately owned, have massive rot throughout the bodies and the aerial has more than likely failed inspection. Anything else runs higher as the booms are being dropped onto new chassis.

Engine issues? If it is a Mack engine and has been taken care of, what engine issues?

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

49 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

You will find that the ones priced below 10K are privately owned, have massive rot throughout the bodies and the aerial has more than likely failed inspection. Anything else runs higher as the booms are being dropped onto new chassis.

Engine issues? If it is a Mack engine and has been taken care of, what engine issues?

Ok, got it. I'm ok with going a little over the 10k mark for a good truck, with body rot being the biggest concern. What are some good places to look (besides google and seeing the same three trucks over and over again)?

Same thoughts as F.W.D. ,most of the Macks have  low mileage (that where in small depts. ) engines never got broke in. Pa & N.J . I would say had the most.  I know of one fellow that may help  you ,Don Holden in Ct.  he has a collection of 'C' and CF 's , I'll try to find his email

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

And isn't worth 1950.00 let alone 19,500.

I’ve been talking to that guy...I was going to drive out there and check it out. I know it’s not worth what he’s asking, but whats the deal with her? Sat outside too long? 

21 hours ago, Dilbert120 said:

I’ve been talking to that guy...I was going to drive out there and check it out. I know it’s not worth what he’s asking, but whats the deal with her? Sat outside too long? 

Among other issues, yes that is one of them. Lots of rot, the aerial is not certified, the list goes on. For 19,500 he'd better at least offer a current certification. Ask him what he paid for it........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS